LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by growkings, Feb 20, 2018.

1. So GRASSCITY,

Double Chips LED Grow Light Full Specturm for Greenhouse and Indoor Plant Flowering Growing
    • Newest technology ! Double Chips 10W(2pcs 5w chips in every led) LEDs,which is much brighter and efficient than Single Chip LEDs. Energy saving, just consumes about 100w-130w power. High brightness and Long lifespan.
    • Efficient and significant cooling system,Two fans and the vents form convection,keep the lights working longer. the hot air is discharged from the inside, the use of fan cooling can be very effective heat will be discharged.
    • significant for all phases of plant growth,growth rate than the natural growth of the plant nearly three times faster.can letsterilization,reduce the plant disease.
    • can be used in house garden, sowing, breeding, farm,medicinal plant ,Indoor tent cultivation,pot culture, garden,greenhouse , water soluble breeding, pipeline cultivation and so on.
    • We have our own factory and professionals to research, design and develop the products, best price for you. Professional customer servies,email reply within 24 hours,comes with a 3 years warranty and 30 days hassle-free return guarantee.
    Product description
    Size :1000W
    Use JHM plant growth lamp ,we have delivered the most powerful and reliable, truly full-spectrum plant LED grow lights! our mission is to offer our customers with the best product!
    Specifications :
    Dimension:310*210*60mm (12.2x8.26x2.36inches)
    Power:1000w(100pcs*10w,just consumes about 100w-130w power)
    LED Type: Epistar LEDs
    Full spectrum for vegetative and flowering stage: 410nm, 430~440nm, 450~475nm, 620~630nm, 650~670nm, White, IR(730nm)
    (It is hard to see clearly by eyes, very dim.Please don't think they are not working. Instead, it plays an very important role in the flowering and fruiting stages of plants.)
    Coverage Area: about 3.5 x 4.0 ft(The lighting area and the height are changeable according to different plants and environments.)
    Lifespan: >50,000hours
    Worldwide Voltage: 85v-265v
    Working Frequency: 50~60Hz
    Modular Power Cord(Available in US, UK, EU, AU,JP)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So now you know what I have how many plants you suggest I got a cold room quit big good room and ventilation 45" window for input output air.

Any suggestions

Attached Files:

2. I think you could grow one small plant with that light, probably better to use two of those lights for one medium size plant or better yet...return it for something much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. i got two 1000w hps and two 600w hps as well

4. what would you recomend

5. Use the HID lights, return the LED or keep the LED for extra lighting where you need it. I'm not going to design your room for you. I recommend you learn a bunch about the plants and growing, come up with a rough plan, then come back here to see what folks think. Maybe someone here will walk you through everything but until then...read everything in the link below.

www.growweedeasy.com

6. Epistar leds? If you want to step into the led world buy one with quality components. That one looks like a disappointment.

When you see "double chips" look elsewhere. There isn't any quality led panels that use those terms.

Get a 4 pack of qb132 boards. 4 of them is about 300 watts total. The light in your link is 130 watts at the wall. If you consider that the qb's diodes are probably 50% more efficient the 4 pack of boards is going to easily be 3-4 times the light output.

Here's a power supply for all 4 boards in parallel.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/lrs-350-36/mean-well-enterprises

Buy those and you won't be sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So qb132 boards do i buy they there as well

8. Been subsribed to growweedeasy for years well since 2007

9. That 4 pack will bloom a 3x3 or a 2x4. If you want to fill a 4x4 or slightly larger you'll need two 4 packs. Each 4 pack is 300 watts. Two would be 600 total. I bloom my 4x4 with 570 watts of the same leds.

10. They started selling the qb boards on amazon a few months ago. Only in 4 packs for some reason.

11. ok amazon :)

12. what should i search for on amazon? i try qb132 boards but nothing

13. Yes sir. You can run a different driver if you want dimming capability but it will cost you 2-3 times as much for the driver and it probably won't run the boards at full power just because of the way current and wattage numbers line up with meanwell HLG series drivers.

That parallel driver will run super cool because it will be 50 watts below capacity and it's under $30.

• Like Like x 1
  14. You can just hang the boards with 9" trout leaders from each corner. Put a ratcheting hanger on each one. Then you can move them apart or together or run them at different heights. If you want more of a complete fixture make a rectangle out of 1" angle aluminum then screw the boards to it and put a hanger on each corner.

No heat sinks, lenses, or other hardware needed for these. I just hang the boards. It's the cheapest way to go. You can see some of mine in the top of the picture.
    IMG_8833.JPG

15. Nice man really good info on boards Tanks now i just got to figure out I want a dimmable one so differnt power supple right jsut searching for board and power supplyes right now any good places you recomend as i live in canada?

16. This is recommended for 4 in series by HLG but it will run them about 250mA less then the driver I linked. You will have a dimmer pot on the driver with one of these though. It will drop the max output to about 250watts.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-240h-c1750a/mean-well-enterprises

This is an HLG series driver that runs up to 320 watts you can wire in parallel and it will run the boards at full power. It's $74 though. It also has a dimmer on the driver.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-320h-36a/mean-well-enterprises

You can see why I linked the other one. It's way cheaper. I'll tell you what I have two fixtures with drivers that have dimmers but I never use them. I always run my lights at full power and just raise them up to reduce output for smaller plants.

17. Check out the alternative to qb boards thread in the lighting section. There's a couple of Canadians building with boards out of China that are cheaper and seem to be legit.

18. I run 2 of those supplies and they DO have a little dimming ability..Just enough for me, as I run these at 2000ma (full rated power)

• Like Like x 1