LED

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chasejordon, Jul 10, 2017.

1. This is an auto i had a hard time with but ended up ok. Was under a 300w vipar(not some shit mars trash). 20170710_181002.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Wow man! That looks great? Where do you order your seeds from and what are the benefits of Autos?

3. And also people have had a fuck load of problems with mars but they seemd to have improved thoer quality - in only saying this cause I'm praying that mine does not blow up and gets me a good yield lol

4. I'm currently using that mars pro 320,
    I have it over one plant in a 5x5, I also have 360 more true watts inside the same tent. All mars watts.
    Plant is responding well , that's only 44 w per sq foot but she's still fattening up nice,
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Some pics from tonight, 5 weeks since flip

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Holy mother of Christ my faith is restored

6. Dam! Looks great!

7. You don't need to say sorry, that's OK, I would like to know your true feelings

• Like Like x 1
  8. But like I said so far no problems and it's taking off nicely :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, you can grow 4-6 plants under mars pro II 320, GoldGrower had grow five plants under it, you can check his thread: Mars Pro II Epistar 320 and 4x4 Tent Review Journal

• Like Like x 1
  10. It's straight just take care of it and it'll get going and once they start growing and getting more and more leaves they blow up in size week by week. There is nothing wrong with your light and it will do a fantastic job at growing ganja...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. It's just the same people ranting about how bad mars is over and over. They can do a damn good job

• Like Like x 1
  12. I got 110 grams my first harvest I also used some CFL's for the second plant since I only had one mars at the time... but now that I have the two and a proper tent I'm aiming for at least 3 ounces a plant which doesn't seem hard at all seeing how I got over two off of my special queen last harvest and it was significantly smaller and not really in the best conditions and now with the tent they are loving it. I could use some more light and eventually I will but it's just a slow process of one light every now and then or whatever else I happen to need... I sure don't need anything fancy if a couple hundred dollars worth of light can give me enough of a harvest to last me then that's all I need.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

13. You can run those under just the veg if it has switches on it (the LED) at this stage they don't need all that power unless you just want to run that power. Can easily run half the watts in veg though atleast until they start getting some size on them

14. Okay cheers man I thought that as well but people always tell me different things!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. #36 Robbie714, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    It's depends on your budget there's other options not saying they don't grow Nice plants cause @Boomboom4200 proved they do! it's not the light it's more of the Grower using the light! There's pro's and con's with a lot of panel lights, because if they blow diodes it could be a whole different story, because IMO they don't have the best customer service if your light breaks or blows diodes after 6 months unless they changed their warranties. just do your research before you buy a $700 dollar light!
    Good Luck

Btw: If your light has veg/bloom switches its best to have both on because your getting more watts from the wall. I would just use the veg switch if your popping seeds or for the first couple weeks. After that it's full power!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. i have a 4x4 tent, i currently have a 600watt cool tube in there with 4 plants under it. i would like to add more plants, 2 or maybe 3 even. (autoflowers). i've had heat problems so i was leaning towards putting an LED in there for more light. do you or anyone else who sees this have any recommendations or knowledge to throw my way?

17. Anyone out there doing led cobs i could use some advise.
    I am upgrading my 10x13 flower room
    Bridgelux vero29v7 cob leds
    Bought 9 cobs for 4x4 coverage and will build an aray. So cobs run at 38.7v and bought a meanwell hlg480b 1400ma driver and all the heatsinks for the custom frame im building out of aluminum. Problem is the voltage the cobs are rated at is higher than the max voltage from the driver by about 4 volts. Not sure of its going to be an issue. So the build is underway and will start the first portion of the build next week when the parts arrive. I bought enough for the first 4x4.
    Will eventually have two 4x8 trays separated by an isle. So i can scrog or run hydro scrog if i feel fit. Should be epic harvests looking for 6 to 8 lb goal. My plan is set we will see if i can dial it in thhis fall. So insted of running 3 1000w hps totaling 3200w and 75sq feet. i will be more on the lines of 2400w and 128sq feet and much better coverage. The cost will be $2200 worth of materials for both 4x8s but not an issue its well worth it. The arays are worth $1500 each 4x4 so im on top

18. Diy cob lighting is it.
    Cree cxb3590
    Brodgelux vero29
    Cant beat them with a store bought pannel in either cost or efficacy