Led Zepplin vs. Pink Floyd

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by the white rhino, Sep 21, 2003.

?

who is a better band Zepplin or floyd and why?

1. Led Zepplin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pink Floyd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. difficult....

ummm id have to say zeppelin, but don't get me wrong i live floyd too

>> does the airplane kid on The Wall creap anyone else out???<<< lol

2. Zepplin is better because of their musical influence and unique style that brought about a change in rock n roll as we know it today. But Floyd is just plain cool to listen to, because of townshends crazy guitar riffs and all the cool sound effects they use.

3. Texas, Townshend was in "the who".........i'm no expert on pink floyd either, so i guess you mean Dave gilmor, or rodger watters?........Peace out..........Sid

4. The Who: Roger Daltry, Pete townshend, Keith moon (r.i.p.) and John Entwhistle (r.i.p.?) One of my all time favorites too!
    Oh yeah, those were the days! Umma Gumma from Floyd was on the air when I first enjoyed the Sacred Herb so Floyd has a great sentimental value for me but since I HAVE to make a choice for this poll I voted for Led Zeppelin because of Jimmy Page's guitar parts, John Bonham's drums and their more versatile music in general. 'Since I've been lovin you' still gives me the shivers...

Stay high!

5. i have umma gumma on vinyl, it was in a case for Jethro Tull's Aqualung, that my bro gave to me......never have listened to it.....is it good?...........as for floyd and zep.......i'm a zep man myself, grew up through the whole "Wall" scene, but i like zep more.......as for "since i've been loving you".......it allways gets my attention, especially when stoned.......and also "Tangerine"...........Peace out........Sid

6. The thing that I believe makes Zepplin better is how musical orientated they are. Don't get me wrong, Pink Floyd is awesome.

One thing I notice about Zep's music is the variation. They have many songs that sound nothing alike, but nevertheless are great songs.

Listen to how different "Stairway to Heaven, Dazed and Confused, Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop, Dyer Maker, and Since I've Been Lovin' You" are. There's so much variation.

7. pink floyd is the better of the two. zeppelin rocks to but i like the mellow rocking of pink floyd better. and yeah stairway to heaven is way over rated.

8. i think they are both the best....

they didnt try to do the same things...so u cant ask which of them did it better because they werent going for the same thing.

Therefore they are both the best
    and they have their own very unique niche.

sorry if u guys dont understnand :smoking:

9. i know what you mean, but if you were going to get marooned on a desert island with a cd player and were told you could only take either led zep, or pink floyd with you.......what would you take.......?.........Peace out............Sid

10. hey, i got this cool idea...lets all try to learn how to spell zeppelin!

11. piper-era floyd

12. that's what's happens when ya try to post when high, buts it's all good as long as everyone gets the point of it.......lol.........Peace out.........Sid

13. Two of my favorite bands, torn to pick one, but I'd have to say...Floyd. Wish You Were Here is probably my favorite album of all time. The emotion Roger Waters pours out into the songs is amazing. Don't get me wrong, Zeppelin is amazing also, but as of this moment, Floyd.

Edit: Eh, as soon as I posted, I put on Over The Hills and Far Away by Zep, and now its basically torn right down the middle. Hah, I vote for both, I can't really choose.

14. I'm sorry to all the Zeppelin fans out there, but when i'm not in my right state of mind, Pink Floyd is the most beautiful thing in the world, second to Steve Vai

15. wow half the people who have posted cant even spell zeppelin. its led zeppelin not zepplin or zepalin. if your going to vote..or even discuss them please spell it right.

also, you cant compare the two bands. its apples and oranges.

16. that seems very funny considering that led is actually spelt Lead......it was page that thought that it wouldn't go down too well in the states...........so he changed it to Led............Peace out........Sid

17. right..so the official name is led zeppelin, exactly what i said.

18. I see this poll on every music board. It's one of the worst comparisons to attempt to make- Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin are just completely different, to compare them makes no sense.

19. well don't compare them, and just answer the following.......

If you were going to be marooned on a desert island, with a cd player, and a solar panel to run it, and it's speaker.........and you could only take either Led Zeppelin cd's, or Pink Floyd cd's, which one would you take?........Peace out.......Sid

the reason for the thread is for my own curiosity, to see how popular the 2 are on these boards.......