Led Zeppelin - what do you love most?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by revolutionrealm, Apr 16, 2003.

1. been a zeppelin fan for 17 years. only been alive for 19. last year i saw Robert Plant live. AMAZING. just recently finished collecting all the albums on Vinyl. now i have every zep album ever released on vinyl.

Zep I - great. stellar for the time. amazing first album dazed and confused may have been plagurized, but its still an awesome album. also the album cover is my earliest childhood memory. apparently it was my favorite album when i was 2 years old.

Zep II - even better. just keep the lovin coming

Zep III - my personal fav, every song is just amazing. from Since ive been lovin you to Gallows Pole to On The Tiles to Immigrant Song to Bron Yr Aur Stomp. also had one of the most blazingly cool album covers EVER.

untitled - WOW. after III, when zep started to really hit on the magic they drop this bomb. WOW. amazing amazing amazing amazing. one of the seminal rock albums of the 70s

Houses of the Holy - continuing the sounds, great fucking stuff. but somewhat lacking compared to III and the fourth untitled albums

now the movie, not bad considering its one of the few live performances, but shoddy next to the other albums.

Physical Graffiti - HA! wow. another super hit for the masters. Kashmir and trampled underfoot stand out as the kings. "greasy slicked down body, groovy leather trim. love the way you hold the road, mama it aint no sin." this song AINT about a car my friends. the gods of Cock Rock do it again.

Presence - the last good album, its got some good songs... but you can really hear the new influences in it. since Phys they started sliding. still great album by any standards, its just not up to the zeppelin standards

In through the out door - Sigh. 80s here we come. they shouldnt have tried to keep up with the changes and just kept playing the same godly rock from the early years. its a real shame Mr Bonham had to go and die, but if he had lived they would have made another album. and it woulda sucked even more.

Coda - unreleased material fit only for the real zep freak.

Robert Plant and The Strange Sensation, Mighty ReArranger - this album rocks, great plant vocals, great sounds. check it out, not quite zep, but better in places.

2. Good Times Bad Times is an awsome song. My Dad and I were listening to this song when we first toked together. Well, Actuly the whole album but i rember this song the most.

3. god, i love zeppelin SO much, they have been my favorite band alongside the doors. i absolutely cant get enough of robert plant, and his vocals... i dont care what anyone says his vocals are aboslutely the greatest. and jimmy page, has been an idol to me since i can remember. also john bonham (rip) man, his drumming is awsome. i heard however he had trouble playing Dyer Maker, becouse its the rasta beet, and he couldnt get it down, but did. and JPJ, was a great musician, just not well recognized, even tho he was a real main part of led zeppelin.

4. Led Zeppelin is awesome. I love all their stuff. It's so genius, and there's something that seems almost otherworldly about it. God, they were great.

5. 1 of my first geetah influences along with angus, carlos, lizzy in the gorham days & lots more :D - love the ocean, black dog, rock&roll, california, bring it on home - too many to list :cool:

6. Achilles Last Stand is by far my favorite Zeppelin song. No Quarter and Tangerine are up there though.

7. robert johnson

yes they used a bit of his stuff ...hes ,in my opinion the best bluesman ever...

if anyone owes him a thing its clapton.clapton has covered like everyone of his songs almost.

i listen to RJ alot , its relaxing.

but were talkin led...the voice of plant and the guitar page plays...is there a better combo??

i do like the slow songs the most..battle of evermore,babe im gonna leave you,dazed and confused,stairway.....

ive overplayed the immigrant song.

black dog is better anyways though

8. I would have to say Coda is my faviort album, followed shortly after by In Through The Outdoor, I love all zippelin, listening to BBC Sessions right now acually :smoke:

9. Everything about them is just amazing. I love all their work.

10. you know whats awesome about Zeppelin is that almost every song is different from every other song they've done...its wat I love about them...Paige is a fucking genius, and Bonham gave him the freedom to be able to use his genius to full potential, Jones was amazing in the later years simply because of his ability with the lesser known instruments, and Plant was an amazing singer

of course you all knew this anyway

peace