Led Zeppelin is and always will be the best Rock band in the world

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Burnsey, May 24, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

2. Haters will be haters but what modern music group is expected to still remain huge, 40 years from now like Led?

3. do you mean huge as in still really popular, selling out stadiums, or huge as in widely respected and known to be majorly influencial? because i can seriously make a list right now of bands that will come to be known as majorly influential. bu here are some bands from the past couple decades:

black flag, bad brains, poison idea, the wipers, pixies, sonic youth, swans, husker du, the melvins, cocteau twins, and the jesus and mary chain. and thats really just scraping the surface.

the thing is: rock n roll is dead. its broken into many smaller subgenres, some of you are to old or stubborn to accept genres. but thats what its become. music evolves, originality takes it different places.

4. I'm not talking about bands from decades ago. I'm talking about today's "musicians" (lil' wayne, jonas brothers, lady gaga, nickelback.....

5. I'm not talking about bands from decades ago. I'm talking about today's "musicians" (lil' wayne, jonas brothers, lady gaga, nickelback.....

6. it takes about ten years for anything to be considered classic. but there will be memorable acts. to say otherwise is naive. theres good from every decade, music will keep evolving. the mainstream has been in shambles for years. its a creative wasteland.

7. Notwithstanding the fact that Lil Wayne, The Jonas Brothers or Lady Gaga aren't even close to the same genre as rock.. Nickleback can only very loosely be called rock.

This post really gets me. There are people (rightfully) saying you can't even compare Pink Floyd to Led Zep because they're so different, then you go and bring up Lil Wayne? What does he have to do with anything?

8. roflmao:hello:this thread delivers
    I love led zeppelin but I have to add that the first time I heard some album versions of their early songs, like Dazed and Confused, it definitely sounded like Robert Plant was really trying to copy the whole black blues musician thing, although I think the Rolling Stones, The Who, etc., sometimes come off a lot more as phony wannabes in this regard. But on Dazed and Confused, for instance, I thought Robert Plant just sounded really funny (he was quite young at the time, too), "you hurt and aBEWse, tellin' all of yo lies / run 'round sweet baby (lord how they hypnotie...) / [...] GOooo'da love ya baby, here I come again."

also, anybody seen the movie Blowup from, 1969? or 1968. Anyway, it features the Yardbirds and Jimmy Page, and in the trailer for the movie, ("The sex and magic and mystery of London today") it features a drum interlude from the Yardbirds that the Zepp later used in songs like, Dazed and Confused, extended interludes in live versions that I dub, "SOS," for, which, indeed, Blowup serves like music video material.

9. Plant: Best voice ever
    Page: Easily top 5 guitarists of all time
    Bonham: Listen to the extended version of moby dick and you will know!
    John Paul Jones: The bass in Zeppelin is what gets your metal hands high in the air!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Classic rockers may be biased, but only because the most talented, greatest songs ever recorded reside in that genre.

twenty years from now, are you going to consider this "Kid Cudi" a classic?
    Will his songs still be on the radio? Even so, will you listen to it and think "Ahh this takes me back, damn they just don't make them like this anymore."

I doubt it.

None of this modern electric shit is bringing anything new to the table. It's just a fad.

P.S. I actually quite enjoy Nickleback.

11. once again, stop bringing up mainstream bands. whats wrong with you people? theres nothin good out there, but there are and always will be a million GREAT, ORIGINAL, INFLUENTIAL bands from every decade.

the 80s put out many, the 90s put out many, even in the 2000s i can think of about 40 bands that completely changed and or created genres.

12. #112 Tha Professor, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
    Making a shitty genre even shittier doesn't do anyone good.

The 80's was a travesty for the music scene. Ac/Dc and KISS nearly killed rock and roll.

13. yeah, but sonic youth, the meat puppets, the melvins, the pixies, the wipers, the jesus and mary chain, cocteau twins, and a million and ten other fucking bands revived it. want more? i can list a million. kiss and AC/DC is who you name? that honestly shows you dont know much about 80s music.. i said before, you have to dig. if you guys are too lazy to find new music, fine, but dont act like you know everything new 'sucks' because you heard shitty music on the radio. fuck the radio.

14. You have no idea, man. That's a pretty strawman assumption, to be completely honest. Half the bands you named were garbage too.

Sonic youth? The pixies? They didn't revive rock, and if you think they did then that honestly shows you don't know much about the genre at all.

15. and black flag, big black, swans, christian death, bauhaus, dinosaur jr, rudimentary peni, HUSKER DU (if you dont recognize husker du as one of the most important bands in rock music, you're crazy and this conversation is useless), killing joke, crass? and im not even really getting into punk and metal. but thats probably a little too scary for you classies.

and this is just my list, i could go to any (real) music fan and ask them to compile a list of important 80s, 90s, and 00s, bands, and they will. because its out there. even if you want more boring regular rock, what about bands like dream theater?

16. Good words, Professor.
    (once again:p)

17. hmm last time i checked this was the led zeppelin thread not the bunch of other crap thread

18. i have no problem with people worshiping zeppelin, i just hate when people act like theres no good music from today just because they dont like it. its narrow minded. honestly.

19. #119 Tha Professor, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
    I consider myself a very real music fan.
    You want that list?
    Just ask.

There's no way you're serious about this. Influential and important for indie or something, sure. But for rock music in general?

Hell no, man.

Heeeell no.

20. you mustve never listened to zen arcade or metal circus.. is that an opinion you heard from someone else or something? sounds like something someone who knows nothing about husker du would say.