Led Zeppelin is and always will be the best Rock band in the world

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Burnsey, May 24, 2010.

1. #81 thabosshogg, May 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010
    i agree, but jimi hendrix is tied, both were way ahead of their time

pink floyd is close, but i like the other two better

also, i would say that each member of zeppelin was just as important

robert plant's unique vocals and showmanship? he was the best frontman of all time. john paul jones (composer, multi instrumentalist, etc...)and john bonham, the best rhythm section ever? jimmy page, jamming on the guitar and a great songwriter?

all were equally important to the band's awesomeness

2. honestly, blue cheer is so much cooler than zeppelin, probably not as talented, but way more rock n roll.

edit: jimi is another thing altogether, jimi is an entity all his own. far beyond anything zeppelin could do. he was... essence itself. a true performer that would get just as much praise if he hadnt died so early.

3. I also agree with this...classic rock junkies are very biased...and they will always be biased...because that's the music you all grew up to...Now that a new era is stepping in all they get is hate from the classic rock junkies....Why can't people just open their ears and listen to music for what it is and stop comparing it to 'classic rock'

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73dvrir5kig]YouTube - Led Zeppelin-kashmir...the real video[/ame]

(this one sounds better IMO)

5. because 90% of the time, i would rather leave my ears "closed" to avoid the pain. most of it is not about the music, or the fans.

its about money.

6. i actually agree that there is plenty of good music outside classic rock, if zeppelin had just formed last year and were a new band i would like them just as much, same with jimi, i just honestly like their music the best

however, 90% of the bands i like are from the 90's or later, i think that there will always be great bands, music isnt something that can truly die as long as there are true lovers of music in the world

i mean i like jane's addiction red hot chili peppers and countless other bands almost exactly as much as zep and jimi, i just prefer the other two a little bit more

i find it very hard to choose one band or song i like over the other, they are all so good!

7. #87 soapman, May 26, 2010
    That's fine, but again that's another opinion. Which justifies nothing except what you enjoy listening to, but people shouldn't go around bashing music or comparing bands when they don't sound anything a like most of the time.

It's like this, if I had made a thread that said..."Apples ARE the best fruit in the whole world, and they always will be."

Well, what about everybody that likes oranges more than apples, or bananas or any other fruit other than apples. It's a pointless argument that nobody will win. Ever. Period.

I try to keep a very open mind when it comes to music I mean shit I got like 50,000 mp3s some 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's new age. I mean I got it all...That doesn't mean I like all of it but music taste changes all the time, bands I used to despise when I was younger, I now love and wonder why I disliked them so much and vice versa.

8. i agree 100%.

but its almost always haters who compare bands that shouldn't be compared, like fucking red hot chili peppers/zepp, floyd/zepp, etc.

9. #89 soapman, May 26, 2010
    Yeah that's true it is mostly haters that do that....sadly those very haters do fuel those bands reputations, it's like for every one person that bashes on them two people love them.

Those haters...they fight uphill battles all the time:rolleyes:

In my eyes it's okay for people to think that zeppelin is the best band in the world, that's fine. There is not ONE person in this world that can dictate which band is better than that band, it's all just about listening and going "ohhhhhh......SNAP! I like these guys!"

10. this is so narrow minded, seriously. theres music being made right now that sound just like those classic rock dudes, and a million genres that are completely original emerging everyday. if you took the time to look, youd find stuff you like.

like i said, you gotta look for music these days. its not gonna find you.

learn a thing or two about underground music, IT IS NOT FOR THE MONEY.

11. ok, so its either for the money or it offends my ears.

sorry for my earlier generalization :rolleyes:

12. #92 vince_1015, May 26, 2010
    Led Zeppelin is a great band, but def. not one of the "best" As far a composers go, hands down, The Beatles. As far as hard rock vocals, maybe Plant could be considered the best. in my opinion they had the best drummer (Bonham) and an extremely good lead guitarist (Page). Todays rock music is kinda like the manufactured b.s. from the 50's. It's all about marketing and sales, not about true music.

13. Word. Those guys are completely bad ass.

14. Nickelback for the win :hello:

15. LOL I KNO I MEAN I NEVER USED TO APPRECIATE JONAS BROTHERS BUT NOW I'M LIKE TOTALLY WOW THEY'RE THE BEST

There's a big difference between "a mass of people think they are a really great band" and "best rock band in the world." As far as the mass of people thinking they are a really great band, actually, people's opinions, would justify that statement. A mass of people agree, Led Zeppelin is good music. Even if they recycled blues bars, jazz, whatever. I'm sure there are a lot of blues and jazz fans out there, including famous musicians who have been influenced by said blues and jazz, that are ultra fans of Led Zeppelin (e.g. Flea). But anyways, that first part is false. But, of course, second part--as for the really, ultimate question of the best band in the world, perhaps that question can't seriously seriously be answered. Just, colloquially. And by colloquially, I mean...

JASON DERULO! ONE MAN BAND OH YEAAAAAAAA

16. I reiterate those guys totally ripped off jazz muscians like blatantly....Jimmy Page is basically rehased and retuned Freddie King, and Chuck Berry licks.

17. I believe ya, and I'm going to check out the blues boys ASAP and see where its at. And jazz boys. Oh boy.

18. Zep is definitly one of the best ever. theres a bunch of bands id say are on par with them, but the only bands id definitly takeo ver them are The Beatles, Hendrix Experience, Pink Floyd, and probably The Doors.

19. and + rep to the guy that mentioned Blue Cheer...awesome band

20. Top five rock bands of all time (IMO) are The Doors, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin.

Whatever order you want to put them in, I do not care. Alls I know is I'm not even going to try....no reason to.