Led Zeppelin is and always will be the best Rock band in the world

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Burnsey, May 24, 2010.

1. I stand corrected.:smoke::smoke:

2. Yes they could be considered the rock band ever. Besides The Grateful Dead (being the best of course), The Doors, Pink Floyd, CSNY etc. But yeah other than that their pretty damn good.

But fur reals I do like some afternoon Zep every once in a while.

3. Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever seen CSNY at the top of a 'best rock band ever' list. I'm not hating - I'm just a little... The only word that comes to mind is - Flabbergasted.

Edit: Bamboozled would've worked too...

4. Its good traveling music. When Im out longboarding by meslf its soothing.
    ;)

5. you weren't complaining when you got some +rep for your opinion, learn to take the bad with the good next time. ;)

also, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

thank you.

6. you guys live to deeply in the past. i can name bands from today that are just as good as any of these bands. you classic rock junkies are bias!

cue all of you feeling to need to correct me and tell you how eclectic you are and i shouldnt assume. yes yes.

7. Fallout Boy FTW! :p

8. wrong. I love lots of modern bands but if you can't appreciate where those bands came from....well you should get bent. know your roots man!

9. yeah i know my roots, but i call my roots by the name of blue cheer or frank zappa.

10. Frank Zappa did not approve of drug use. That's why... John Frusciante chose the red hot chili peppers! aha:hello:

11. All I can say is, music is timeless. Who cares if it's in the past or the present? Good music is good music, and time doesn't change that. I don't think it's a question of old vs new, but good vs bad. I'm not saying there weren't bad bands back in the day, but when they were good... Oh damn, they were goooooood

12. tell that to people who listen to classical, baroque, etc music :0

anyways,
    IMO mainstream music today doesnt have any heart in it... It used to just be about the music, now its about money.. You can really feel the emotion in plant's voice, or the passion in page's guitar

13. the music of today will never withstand the test of time like zeppelin, pink floyd, the who etc. already has.. the passion put into their music is something that will never be seen again.. you want to see incredible? i strongly suggest watching the live concert recording "the song remains the same" at Madison Square Garden.. if you don't think Page was a god of guitar then watch it start to finish and you will have a very different opinion.. just ingnore the tightness of Plant's pants

14. see, this is what im talking about. you guys seem to think good music died out, its just not easy to find anymore. they're no longer willing to put good new music on the radio like in the 70s. most people are too fucking lazy to find it, their loss i guess. but i can name about 500 bands in the past 10 years that WILL be VERY highly remembered.

15. BAHAHAHA!!

And you can't tell whether or not music will stand the test of time untill years later.
    And Mike Patton is pure fucking win.

16. That was so well said. :)

17. Sex and the City for the win

18. I'm gonna try to see Plant perform this summer with the Band Of Joy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO7HtU0Co6Y]YouTube - Led Zeppelin - Kashmir Live at the O2 Arena Reunion Concert[/ame]

19. Bull. How many singers can belt it out like Plant did?

20. I agree with this

And the thread title....that's just somebodies opinion, doesn't make it true in any way shape or form. Sorry but just because a mass of people think that they are really great band, does not make them a really great band. And that goes for any music.

People's opinions cannot and will not ever justify how good music is to other people. And here's proof.
    I disagree completely, I don't think they were or will ever be the best rock band in the world. They were okay to me...but not the best I've heard.

But again I agree with the Professor, Page made Zeppelin.