Led Zeppelin Fans, Wich song ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Djoint, May 2, 2009.

1. Hi, to everyone up here.I just smoked five minutes ago and like always, I'm listening to some Led Zeppelin while high. I wanted to know, just out of curiosity, wich song from Led Zeppelin, is best listening to, while High ?

My choice : Led Zeppelin - Carouselambra

Thanks for your answers!

2. #2 MarijuanaBudha, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
    I like: Achilles Last Stand, When The Levee Breaks, Battle Of Evermore, Kashmir. Those are my favorites.

3. Babe I'm Gunna Leave You, Stairway to Heaven, Dazed and Confused, Immigrant Song, Black Dog....just some of their real popular shit.

4. theres too many good songs, and i love them all, really.

Right now, like, the past week or two, D'yer Mak'er has been one of my most listened to songs though.

5. when the Levee breaks, Since Ive been loving you (i love how it almost sounds like a blues song) and dazed and confused...almost any zeppelin song is bomb but those are my favorites

6. no quarter all the way, i cant believe nobody mentioned it yet. it was the first song i listened to high:smoke:

or dazed and confused, that life version with the long ass bow solo. you know the one where plant sings "if your going to san francisco..."

7. My favourite Led Zep song changes all the time, at the moment I'm likin Babe I'm Gonna Leave You,
    Bring It On Home
    Houses Of The Holy

I'm also gonna say that the live album How The West Was Won will change your life f'sho!

8. hell ya how the west was won was an awesome live album...sick solos in there too

9. Damn right :D I get a lot of my guitar inspiration from Page's style of playing

10. #10 NFloyd2357, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009

I love listening to The Mighty Zep do their own Floyd-like song. Amazing. The only band thats every properly done a pink floyd influenced song.

oh, and watching The Song Remains the Same just blows my mind everytime i see it. I honestly don't even like to watch it sometimes, as a musician... just kinda makes me feel like shit haha. Its sorta like if a MLB player walked up to the plate, and as they announce his name, they start showing a clip of Babe Ruth calling his shot on the big scoreboard. Now the player is just like - oh... damn.... i can't do that

11. When the Levee Breaks and, of course Black Dog.

12. one reason i love led zep is becuase they're well read.. they write songs about greek mythology and lord of the rings and shit... hella sick

13. Really dude??? i know it kinda sounds like PF, especially in the begining...but i never knew PF was the inspiration for this song...its a great one tho...thats some cool info

14. well... its not confirmed info. Zep liked to remain mysterious, they didn't explain a whole lot about any of their songs... but being a huge Floyd and Zep buff, im 90% certain that was they're aim in that song. Even if it went unnoticed, that song couldn't have ever been made without floyds music before it

15. oh i see lol...but ya it would be rerally nice for the remainging members of zepp to reveal shit about them...like what stairway to heaven is about cuz they have never revealed that...or if they did the backwards shit on stairway on purpose (they must have). But im a huge PF fan too and it would have been cool to see zeppelin being influenced by PF...pretty different bands if ya ask me

16. I love to listen to The Ocean, Four Sticks and Dancing Days.

17. To be honest I'm not sure how someone can smoke weed and not like Led Zeppelin :cool:

18. yep. Tons of people (myself included) are convinced that the Beatles, starting with Sgt Peppers, are heavily influenced by syd barret. The reason being is 1.) Sir Paul McCartney said himself that Syd was one of the biggest musical influences in his life, and 2.) in 1967 when the beatles were in Abbey Road Studio 1, Pink Floyd (barret years), were in the room next door, in Studio 2. Look at the direction the beatles went in after sgt. peppers.

We need a music rennaissance- i hope all you musicians out there are helping me out:D

19. #19 Bfitz99, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009

hell ya man i read a book on syd about 5 months ago and it said everything u did...mcartney actually went to a lot of PF shows in the earlier years and went backstage to talk to syd at them (if u wanna check the book out its called "the dawn of pink floyd:shine on you crazy diamond"or something really close to that it was a great read)

too bad about syd tho man...he was a fuckin musical genuis...so fuckin out there but made it work...i think syd leaving the band was probly the best for PF considering what they did with him and w/o him...all the great albums were post syd but piper was a great album...very underrated imo

20. yea, I'm verrrryyy content with everything pink floyd did from their formation, until waters left the band. I love the barret years, but gilmour is one of my biggest influences. Now i wish they could just get over they're damn ego's and do a god damn tour together - if anything, for and in the name of richard wright. Because of their attitudes, theres supposedly an arsenal of unheard floyd music that won't be released, because the remaining members can't agree on how to split the royalties. Jeez. How bout... equally? Theres also tons of live footage we won't see until they settle their differences, or... die.

I'd give anything to see zep or floyd live, even if they are all out of their prime, and missing original members.