LED watt question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BioD, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Afternoon Blades!
    Been researching led lights for a cabinet I am building that will hold 3 plants minimum. What is the the best wattage to use for a full term grow. Cab dims are about 4ft wide x 20in deep x 6ft tall.

2. Hey man, another LED cabinet grower here. First I would say buy a legit brand of LED's. don't go cheap, because you get what you pay for. Get a name brand with a reputation on the net already not a eBay Christmas light box lol.
    Once you decide what brand, check out their specs on the website for the square footage they cover. Measure up your square footage of the box and heeding the side of caution and go a little more than their assessment of the coverage.
    Don't listen to the LED hate. I grew over a zip of afghan Kush Ryder autoflower on my first grow with ONLY a 90w UFO led fromHTGSUpply and some CFL's.
    I'm on my 2nd grow now 25 days in with Pineapple Express with a 240w Blackstar LED.

3. #3 jollyrancher1, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
    That is the approx dimensions of my chamber.

I use a CLW 800 Solarstorm and it WORKS BITCHIN.

Replaced my 600 w Cooltube.

The only caveat is that I had to build an exhaust manifold as the heat generated inside the chamber was getting over 100 deg F.

I hooked that up to the previous Cooltube ducting.

4. My tent is slightly larger and i run a 240 LED blackstar flower model with success. Got mine for $200 used.

5. Thinking about going with the blackstar 240 watt.
    http://www.blackstarled.com/219.html
    It should be sufficient for full term growing and its reasonable price wise. Thanks for your help guys

6. [quote name='"BioD"']Thinking about going with the blackstar 240 watt.
    http://www.blackstarled.com/219.html
    It should be sufficient for full term growing and its reasonable price wise. Thanks for your help guys[/quote]

Go with a new one. I bought mine used and some of the LEDs have stopped working. :( but its a great light.

7. Hopefully this will help my yield and increase bud size. CFLs did ok for my first grow but the lights don't provide enough intensity.

8. I have a Blackstar 240 in my 2x2x5' high grow cabinet (check my journal in the sig) with some Cfl side lighting right now. I can't go HID with my situation and I'm liking the results so far. I'm going to start a journal soon for my Pineapple Express in coco that's currently 26 days old

9. Awesome bro I will check it out. Can't wait to harvest the current grow I have to get the cab set up and going.

10. I went with the 21x Penetrator. About to finish off a Pineapple Express auto in the next few days. It looks like I may pull a zip and quarter.