Grasscity - Black Friday Sale - up to 70% Discount

LED vs HPS/MH

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by smokey108842, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Just wanna know if anyone has experimented with LED grow lights and how it worked for you. I am currently good on my lighting but I might wanna experiment with it considering the power savings. Also if you have any tips for led and a good company to get one at. Dunno about the ones on ebay.

2. There are very good leds out there. ebay is not the place to find them. 90% of what they sell are cheep chineese knockoffs. I got caught up in the garbage leds, even though I did my homework and bought it from what i thought was a reputable hydroponics shop. led is the best vegging light out there but it is still lacking in the flower department. I am not sure what name brands the good ones go by. mine failed after 3 months and i walked away from leds. I will try them again. but I am waiting to see if they fix the flowering problems. I would have another led tomorow for vegging. but after my ordeal with led lighting , i just dont trust I can get a good one.

3. I'm adding some Kessil Magenta LED lights to my flowering room, but only as supplemental lighting. I flower with only 3K Pulse Start MH lights, so I wanted to add some of that purple range to the room. Those Kessil lights look pretty bomb. I'll update when I get it in the mail.