LED Ufo Grow Light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Herbyderby, Jul 9, 2011.

1. so far my only complaint is that its hard to take pics with the light on, everthing thing else i love!
    iv had it on 24hrs for 3 months, you know how much my electricity bill went up? $8 bucks!(with a fan as well) doesnt produce heat,
    when i first say the light shine it shocked my how pink and purple it was, but my Six babies are showing white hairs finishing thier 3rd week

and the light wasnt that expensive either around 300

for you closet growers this is a good buy! Totally happy this light :hippie:

2. good to here that. LED grow light works well.

3. Your light bright enough so that its hard to take pics with the light on. And sure that LED grow lights save your electricity bill.. So, does it mean it become more and more popular among growing lights ?

4. use flash

5. You will really be able to tell with the finished product the difference between LED and HID. LED buds look great, untill there all dried, and you realize those big fluffy buds, were just that, big and fluffy. LED buds lack the density of mj grown under HID, I bought and tested a 90w LED on some AK47, and ended with 3oz, it was a small grow in a closet, wasnt expecting much, but would have been able to double the yeild easily with 400w HID.
    Just throwing that out there.
    Ohh but they are great for vegging plants, its the flowering that LED's show there lack luster

6. #6 TranceKid, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    I highly, highly disagree. If you buy cheap butt LEDs, expect ok results at best.
    You get what you pay for with LEDs...I've seen some LED grows yielding 1.0-1.3 grams per watt and seeing as how most HID growers get maybe .5 - .8 grams per watt, LEDs can be VERY efficient. Just don't buy crappy LEDs.
    Magnum LED panels are very nice, along with Spectra LEDs, FERO LEDs and very, very few others.
    However, these good panels cost more than $300...my two magnums ran a bill for 1299.99. However, since electricity is expensive where I live and heat is an issue, they are worth more to me than my previous 1,000w HID lighting.

7. NO, if you use 90degree lens LEDs. you could get density what you want.
    LED panels are good. Not as much expensive as you said , if you buy from the right seller. And LEDs don't need any ventilation equipment. You should see LED's long lifespan. over 50000hours. In the long run it could save more electricity .

8. how can you tell if you got a cheap UFO ? I see prices that range alot for the 90w UFO .. If you buy a TRI-Band should you be golden ? or do they make cheap Tri Band UFO's also ?

^^ I have a 90w TRI band UFO from HTG .. did I get a junk one ?
    I'm going to be running it with three 2 foot T5's in a micro stealth grow set up... any suggestions ?

9. I love my 90w UFO LED. Triband 3 watter. Plant is growing great under it. I also have 2 LED 28w Side panels for side lighting.

Energy bill has dropped a crazy amount vice my 400w HPS.

10. 90w UFO quite cheap now . No to say Tri-Band ,even for 5. Says :red/blue/white/orange/green. If you want to add UV or IR.Maybe it won't cheap. : )
    Choose the origin factory , you will get the best.

11. I read some information about leds. Red, blue and orange are the maint spectra for the plant. Then why add white, green ,even UV ? How does they work for the plant ?

12. Blue, Red, white. Those are the only three colors you need with LED. More white is better for density. Orange is a waste of an LED, do not get a light with orange LEDs or green. White supplements most of the par range, orange and green included. No need for Orange or Green LEDs if you have white. Problem is whites are more expensive, so the cheapo LED manufacturers have been staying away from them.

DIY your own arrays, then you know what you are buying. UFOs and most panel lights are made in China with cheap ass LEDs that will probably not last longer than they should due to poor design and hardware selection.

13. LED chip also USA, Taiwan is good.
    if your lights used them, then the led is nice.
    you know why china LEDS is cheap?no poor design and hardware selection.
    The truth is that because of cheap labor

14. more Export led lights products used usa and taiwan chip in china. because they know Need for good quality foreign customers。

15. You are exactly right. Its like the LCD world. There are only like 3 LCD makers on the whole planet every LCD panel you have ever seen has a been a repackaging of one of those 3. Like Apple tends to use LG LCD but the case says Apple.

Very similar in the LED world. There are only X amount of LED makers since its a factory produced item and nearly everyone simply contracts there orders from them and assembles them.

Theres nothing inherently wrong with Chinese made products...every laptop in the world is literally made in a chinese factory be HP, Apple or Dell. Every iPhone ever made is made in China, every Android phone ever made is made in China.

16. Soooooo many UFO's out there... which one did you get?

17. anyone use a HTG supply 135 watt 7 band? i think im going to pick one up

18. glad to hear that, i want to use LEDs for my little strawberries too,

19. Hi what watt was the ufo led?