led spectrum during budding stage question.....

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by tommysupra13, Feb 27, 2015.

1. hey so I just put my plant through a 24 hour dark period and then initiated the 12 on 12 off cycle. it's been about 5 days and I'm already seeing white hairs at bud sites. I am running an advanced LED XTE diamond series full cycle grow light. right now I have the red led spectrum cranked to max and the blue/white dial off. my question is now that it started to show signs of budding can I turn on the white/blue dial? would this benefit the plant to add this spectrum ? if so should I put it on full blast or just a slight amount of white/blue? or do I just leave it on full red spectrum the entire flowering stage? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425075059.589969.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425075081.838439.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1425075094.353601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. any ideas??

3. so I don't know if it's just a coincidence but I turned on the blue/white spectrum halfway and I have noticed visible growth just in a 12 hour period. I guess i answered my own question.

4. It seems to me, as long as you're in control of your temps, the more light the better. I would go full blast if it was my light.

5. ok sounds good I think I'll crank the white/blue dial a little more. thanks.

6. Why the 24 hours of darkness? I used to do that till someone told me that didn't occur in nature. So I stopped. Never really saw a difference. Till this day I wonder why I would just kill the power for a whole day.

7. I read it's suppose to trigger the plant to start budding by making it realize the days are getting shorter who knows if it really works. all I know Is I saw signs of budding 2 days later. and it's now 3 weeks later and I have small buds all over. you're right maybe it does nothing. not sure.