LED specifications for growing 1lb

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by vibrationalprimate, Sep 4, 2017.

1. what do you guys think the best wattage of LED is for yielding 1lb in a 80x80x160cm tent in a DWC system . Also how long would you suggest to veg. It will be SCROG ofc

2. I yield a pound with a 650w (actual) led. 5 week veg - scrog - 2 plants.

• Like Like x 2
  3. So do you think two mars hydro 600w will do the trick?

4. I'm not a fan of the blurple led's and I have no experience with those lights - maybe someone with experience using those lights can chime in. Those lights pull 265 actual watts. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. its possible to pull 1 gram per watt of light - but good luck with that.. I have a mars pro II 320 - true watts 710w with 2 plants, people saying I might get up to 8-9 ounces off both plants in DWC and this is my first grow.. I'm trying micks method after this is done

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is a serious goal in that space. I'd go with two two high quality 600 watt leds. I did a 6x6 with 600 w led and a 600 hps. I did just under a gram per watt and it went amazing. To get higher yeild you have to add co2 and have perfect temp control

7. I will be running co2 tanks. My goal is 1lb but I will be over the moon with half a lb