LED recommendations

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Ambient206, May 18, 2016.

1. Looking for lower budget range LED for combo with cfl for one plant that will go into flower in two weeks. Cfl is 65000k blue spectrum with blue hood reflector.
    Doing online buy need references on what works best in your opinion.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. The words "low budget" will immediately take you out of range for anything I am going to recommend to you. Buying cheap grow LEDs is just tossing money out the window. The cheapos are all Asian made and put together with the cheapest of labor and parts. Lots of folks have been thoroughly disappointed with what they've received. Of course, if you don't know what a good LED should do, you wouldn't know if you had one or not. LOL But before you go spend money on a cheap LED grow light, know that you'll be sorely disappointed in the outcome. LEDs don't cover the same square footage as HID/HPS lamps/reflectors do. They shine straight down and most are rather small so the coverage area is only going to be good for one or maybe two plants at most once they get into the flower cycle. Don't get me wrong, the good ones are excellent to grow under, they just don't cover the same amount of area as the others. But I wouldn't even think about buying one that wasn't American made and made by a company that will stand behind it's product. There are just too many points of possible failure to deal with a light made in China by people who can't understand me when I talk. LOL A couple of brands I would recommend are "Kind" and "Spider (may have some funky spelling but sounds like spider). They have some cool new designs and thoughts on LEDs and getting the most out of them. Kind is just a damn fine made light and you can expect to get some serious years of use out of it...which is what I want for my money. Stay away from anything on Ebay or Amazon that is super cheap and says it'll grow you out a bunch of plants. Light IS the key to growing big healthy plants and nice dense buds. Without it, you get spindly plants and arid buds. Just keep that in mind as you begin growing. Take the time to learn the "how to grow" part of the process. Most people spend tons of time on their setup, etc., but never seem to stop and think about the right way to tend these plants. If you can't grow them, a grow palace doesn't help you out any. Go to the new grower threads on the forum. There are several "sticky's" posted there that contain the instructions and basic information every new grower SHOULD know before they plant a seed or pot a clone...few do. But pretty much everything you need to know is there. Good luck and happy growing! TWW

3. Ty, I just have been doing homework about lighting in flower cycle and people say cfl is a waste of money and since my plan was to cfl through the grow it was a cause for alarm.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. check out mars hydro or VIPARSPECTRA
    youtube alway got some video of those leds

Sent from my SM-N910P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Thats funny cause platnium comes from China check toke page I believe he shows the package and everything arriving from China and there expensive great lights so the real question is it necessary to pay that kind of money for suppose led or drop 400 and u can get 6 mars 300w :) hmm mm just saying

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. oh really?
    what you got

7. Tasty t12100 should flower one plant while kicking blurple mars to the curb.