Led Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jip, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Iv 2 tents 2x2 and 4x2 and I have 9x 300w LEDs I'm buying another 3, I worked out 8 in big tent 4 in smaller?

Also I'm hanging them currently at 36 inches I had them closer as there was no heat but think they were too strong for plants?

Anyone any good solid info on coverage and height LEDs should have, hard to find info on led lights

I don't want to be switching on too many lights or don't want plants stretching for light cause there's not enough

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What led you looking at mate coverage would all depends on wattagea and lenses and height is as close as you like in flower with enough height to giv ya an even spread over all plants tho no more than 12 inches heigh above plants a 1600w led will cover 5x5 foot and if ya buy from topled you can get that for around 350 what led you running now ???

auto help page http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-04-05-autoxtreme%C2%AE-loki_1624/

3. Fair enough, this is the 3rd post you've cleared up for me, a medal you need ;)

Il be altering my lights tomorrow then, il drop them down to say 20-24 but il do it gradually,

To be honest mate I don't know what light they are, they were bought by another fella I got them off, I got them in the boxes they are 3w diods so think they aren't like those scrap 1w's but maybe they aren't a great quality, so how many are you calculating to cover my 4x2m iv another 3 of them lights to get which will be 12 I have, after this grow and a bit of $$ il be buying better lights iv saw lights that have 2 or 3 settings mine only has one just a plain white light

But this is 3rd crop iv used them on 1st was a disaster and second isn't much better (both my fault) they can define tilt grow plants (same can't be said for myself yet)

4. #5 GoldGrower, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    How much more money are you planning to spend on more? You may be better off just putting these lights aside and buying one from top-led that you know that will work.

Can you put up a photo of the lights you have? is sounds like you have way more than you need for the room that you have but without knowing more about your lights it's just a guess really. About 200x 3w diods will be about right for your 4x2 area. You could have a little more if you have them. And about 100x 3w for the 2x2.

5. So your saying 1x 300w light in the 2x2m?

Il post a picture of the lights tomorrow iv pics to take for a few other posts, I actually have one or two in the box still il get you pics of everything I can you make a verdict

6. Damn this guy has 12 sq meters of space?? I got to see your set up and your lights please!! I was thinking feet this whole time too GG.

7. Il take few snaps round the tents etc, my entire grow area I can work with is 39ft x 9ft but iv only a 4x2m and 2x2m at ye minute

Long term an is ditch the tents and sheet off rooms with rolls of Mylar, into prop. Room, veg room and flower.

Il be maxing this area after these 2 grows, just sunk all my cash into this setup to get me up and running,

8. Attached Files:

9. Il spend whatever is necessary, say iv spent 3500-4000 so far on this setup

The lights will have to do this time but next time iv been eyeing up the G8 lights or the Mars II grow light

Worthy replacement I think, but a costly one, il leave it to these buds are hanging

10. No bother Loki il take a look at them, was looking at G8 and mars II,

And yea they are 300w on box, so I'd say your right about the draw I don't actually know what they pulling

Won't be replacing to next crop though, other 3 LEDs came today, so iv 12 of these to work with at the minute I'd say iv enough, hope so haha,

Need to sort my ventilation though, can't turn on any more than 4 in the 4x2 or 2 in the 2x2 without temps spiking to 30 or over

Waiting on more fans to get here, and few soil probes,

11. #17 GoldGrower, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    Shit yeah sorry man, I thought you were talking about feet. Ignore all the figures I said lol. You have spent 3500-4000? What currency is that? What country are you in btw? 

12. Sterling, I'm from Ireland mate, have you any new calculations for my tents then? 4x2m and 2x2m?

13. Have I any vent? Dunno if you were talking to me or someone else,

Iv currently 4x 230m3 swift air 4" in-line fans (had 5 but wire one up wrong and blew it up haha)

Have another 4 coming as I have serious temp problems when I turn on lights,

Be investing in possibly couple of rhino fans? They are roughly £75 per 6" fan 120-130 for fan and filter kit

Iv saw those FHD fans they say are best in market but they are scandalous prices

I bought all the 4" inclines I have for 28£ each cause I bought 5 at a time

Couldn't beat that like, even If I do need a couple more than normal