Led question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by BingB0ngs, Aug 22, 2019.

1. I am looking to upgrade my 600w mh/hps and 2 1000w blurples to a led quantum board.
    Is it better to get 2x240W leds or 1x480W led?
    I have a 4ftx4ft tent.
    I can save a couple of dollars if i go with the 2x240W but not sure if ill be giving anything up for it performance wise. Screenshot_20190822-112557_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I like the 2 sets, no loss in performance and easier to configure for best light spread etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thats what i was thinking, the 480 is just 2x240 ganged together anyways no? And like you said easier to configure

4. For the 2x240watts $720 plus tax

5. I
    I’d get from the link I sent u. U will prob save 250-350$

• Like Like x 1
  6. Those are legit? I have never ordered anything off alibaba

7. They are. I ordered all from hlg paying twice as much. Still kicking myself for it almost a year later

8. HLG makin money off the hype.
    Thanks for the heads up! Ill def consider the link you gave me

9. They are lol! I’ve heard good things about them(lights off alibaba) . There are several ppl on here who know kniw the ins n outs of alibaba. Just make sure it’s a good rep

• Like Like x 2
  10. They are cool just take a while to receive

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Thats another thing too isnt it like 4-6weeks for shipping? I can be to the shop and back in 90mins with a new light.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ya but 300-400$ less(maybe a bit less$) in ur pocket that could go to other needed stuff. I always say if ur flush with cash And go ahead and pay for convenience. But if you’re not then go the cheap route with the same quality

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mine all showed in a week or so.

Shenzhen Meijiu Lighting Co
    Shenzhen KingBrite Electronics Co Ltd
    Shenzhen Bava Technology Co

^^^Good ones to deal with^^^ that either I have used personally, or know that others have used and are pleased with the choice.

They are legit. They just stole HLG's idea of high quality diodes on pressed circuit boards and now they gobble up Samsung diodes and make their own boards. Why not? Even at their budget prices, they are making great money.
    In a way they are making the game better. The 800 boards seem to be unique to Meijiu (the ones I use). KingBrite uses the 288 design for most of their kits, but also offer options like Cree far red diodes and UVA and IR diodes in various combos.

I will continue to use Alibaba, very pleased. We can help you navigate the minefield if you like, no one here wants to steer you wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. You get what you pay for .

15. This is very true and I am in no rush I have yet to flip to 12/12. I downloaded the alibaba app and seen some reviews where people got their lights in Canada 4 days after payment.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The prices on these 480w boards are insane. I can get one for $150CND at that price ill buy 2. From Shenzen Meijiu Lighting Co do they include shipping in their price per unit? I cant see anything regarding shipping costs on their app.
    Thanks for the company suggestions im getting excited now were talking saving around $600 on this light I was considering buying.