LED Quantum Elite 2000w Sour Diesel Auto Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Frackyboom, Mar 2, 2022.

1. It begins! My first propper grow under a decent set up, all the gear came on Monday and has been set up. I've ran some test runs to work out cost of running and optimal temp settings. Seedlings were put in to germinate on Monday. I'll run a post later with all the spec & pics etc... exciting times!

Has anyone else ever used the Elite Quantum range?

2. Pictures attached, needs some tidying up but she's up and running. Highly recommended set up, temperature is currently running at around 19c on 1/4 power (for the seedlings) so i'm playing with the timer settings for the extractor fan to get the temp up. Checked the seeds this morning and they are opening up in the water, can't wait to get them planted!

Spec for the setup -

EQ2000 Elite Quantum LED Grow Light Panel - which produces 2.7 umol/j which creates better canopy penetration

• High-efficiency white light quantum boards with LM301B diodes.
    • White-light full spectrum for optimal canopy penetration and easy viewing.
    • 2020 New design: Extra dimmer knob & Connection function.
    • Reliable passive-cooled design (no cooling fans required).
    • Optimal canopy penetration with diffused light via a large form factor.
    • High-efficiency driver produces the best quality light.

Rest of the kit -
    • Grow Tent with steel poles, corners and removable flooring
    • Acoustic silenced ducting, proven to reduce airborne noises
    • Ducting clamp x3
    • Fox carbon Filter that is specially made to reduce odour output
    • Acoustic ducting which reduced airflow noise
    • Cyclone Twin speed fan that allows user to change their fans speed
    • 2x Heavy duty rope ratchets which can hold up to 68kg
    • 6x Jiffy plugs to give your seedlings he best start in life
    • 4 Black round fabric pots that boost root growth and improves plant size and yield
    • 300ml Formulex is the very first formulation to contain a full nutrient profile in a single container.
    • HTC-2 thermometer that gives you a temperature reading of inside and outside of the growing area thanks to its probe
    • Heavy duty light timer which allows users to set light times
    • 50ltr Canna terra medium

Attached Files:

3. 05/03
    The seeds have germinated, they have been transferred to their jiffy plugs and now time to wait :blush:

06/03 looking all good this morning

Attached Files:

4. Nice plate

Sent from my SM-G781U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thanks! Its an Elite Quantum 2000w, should hopefully do the job! About 250w actual draw

6. Question about the light. Is that info copied and pasted from the manufacturer. It is an extremely vague description, I can't tell anything about the lights capabilities from that. Is there more info, and the 2.7 umols/j is how efficiently it runs, as in how much out put vs taken in, So I'm not sure on how that would correlate with better penitration. Not trying to bash the lights, they may be great, just not enough info.

Sent from my BE2028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yeah this is just copied from the suppliers add, i've attached x2 images from the manufacturer with some more specs on there, its the EQ 2000 model. No probs for asking, i've got no experience with LED's so I went with the best 'starter pack' I could find. Any help/speculation etc.. is appreciated

Attached Files:

8. I read somewhere about the Samsung LED's and how they achieve the 2.7 umols/j, i'll try to find it

9. I didn't see Samsung name. I'm not familiar with each brand and it's specs but I'm assuming if it was using the Samsung diodes it would be visible. If it were me I would try and measure some intensity in areas where you are going to want weed to grow. It would be a real bummer to spend all that time growing a beautiful plant that ends up with fluffy buds.

Sent from my BE2028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I have the manual with 'Samsung' clearly stated on the front ;)

11. We have life :love-mj2:

When do you start counting ‘day 1’ from? From planting or when they pop up?

Attached Files:

12. Question - What PH up and down do people recommend? I'm aiting on some distilled water to calibrate my PH tester, i'll then be getting the ph up & down but have no experience with it, any advice appreciated!

13. Nearly Week 2 since the seeds were germinated and things are starting to get going, managed to get some de-ionised water to calibrate the ph tester. My local water is just over 7 which isn’t too bad, will look into balancing it.

10L Fabric pots have been filled with the terra medium and having their first flush & i’ll pot the plugs tomorrow. Temps hanging between 23-25c, LED is running at 80% power and the seedlings are looking healthy so far

Attached Files:

14. Day 18

Second nodes growing, plants looking healthy so far!

Attached Files:

15. Week 3

Lights back on for today coming into week 3 & all seems well there is still some damp in the pots so its a day or two before next water. 1 or so week away from first feed, the soil mix comes with x2 weeks worth of nutes. So far the plants seem to be loving the 2000w (246w actual) lights.

I’ve got my water PH down to 6.5-6.8, turns out you can use citric acid from the chemist that I normally use to make jam it’s exactly what they sell with a hydro label stuck on for grow products but cheap as chips!

Attached Files:

16. About to go into Week 4 and they’re loving life, LST started, see attached. Another week before I start feeding them.

Attached Files:

17. Week 4

Plants are looking good, i’ve moved the light further away as they have stayed a bit too stocky. They already appear to be happier, first feed for plant 1 yesterday with Plant 2 having its fist tonight. Yellowing is from heat/light burn i think, pistils are now showing too

Attached Files:

18. Looking good! Look forward to seeing how this turns out

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks chief, hopefully it results in a decent amount of nice nugz! I'm new to 'proper' growing but I have grown some micro grows under CFL's and on my Windowsill in summer. This LED is doing well so far, impressed it caused the plants to stunt tbh :) Used some tent pegs for more LST today

20. Some LUX readings around the canopy, lights back down to 18” as theyre going into flower. Will see how they are after a few days and will adjust lights accordingly. More LST done using tent pegs

Attached Files: