Led pc grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by seedlingstarter, Jan 26, 2014.

1. #101 GreenHackTM, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    Yes my setup is the same, I have looked into it and solved the problem (well I know how to solve the problem, but I'm doing temp fix until I can order supplies)

What you'll need to do is go to eBay and type in

"12 volt 10a power supply"

Then the next thing you'll need to do is just hook that new power supply you just purchased into the fans hook up.

Should work from there :)

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

Remember: There is Nothing more American than a man producing a product that the people want

2. #102 GreenHackTM, Mar 13, 2014
    I determine transplanting by how big you want your plant to get. Inside of this pc case we want a 1 gallon pot or fabric pot. (The tub it came with .. Is ok, but I use that as my drop pan and soil spill etc)

I use these two

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394666683.403099.jpg

And also this one
    (Both are 1 gallon fabric pots)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394666722.502891.jpg

So now that we have the final pot size we need to determine transplant times.

My plants went from seedling starter kit picture below

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394666807.169635.jpg

This is my headband strain I just started a couple days ago.

I will transplant her when she at least starts to show her fan leaves completely and full. Hard to explain but when she reached this
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394667054.369495.jpg

That's when I did my first transplant.
    Your main focus is making sure she has proper root structure, has good health, and I like to do transplants when they are dry soil, not completely dry but like on the water day I transplant and then I give mine their water. They love it and make sure when you water, you water around the base so as to slowly move into the bullseye but I usually don't water the middle of my plant, because I want her to not be lazy and expand her roots.

Remember: There is Nothing more American than a man producing a product that the people want

3. Oh one final thing, I noticed you are already using your scrubber on your fan. Unless yours smells already lol I wouldn't use it just yet. Reason is because the effectiveness will decrease over the amount of air flow through it. Meaning when it comes time for flowering it won't be as effective as it was day one of use.

If you need a stronger one or better help with smell control. I can help you with that when time comes haha

4. Yeah man, I will DEFINITELY ask your help with smell control - I live in a small flat just behind my landlord. Can't afford to have my flat stinking of fresh cannabis as I get guests and my landlord occasionally comes in as well. I'm a bit paranoid about this...

5. #105 GreenHackTM, Mar 13, 2014
    Smell control can be managed. Your scrubber is your best way to keep it manageable but then if you want it to be like 80% proof you can get "Odor SOK" filters

They work wonders with stinky smells

Also get "Ona block pro" it helps with stinky smells

Last resort for quick action and effective control (its not going to mask the smell like a 6th grade locker room haha, it will take care of the odors )

The product is called "Ozium"

6. #106 GreenHackTM, Mar 13, 2014
    Seedling how's your grow going?
    Also does anyone on here know of a reputable seed bank to order from?

7. GH, I order from ilovegrowingmarijuana.com. They are quite good, often have good deals going (will throw in free seeds - buy 5 get 10 sort of thing). My last 2 orders have both arrived within 10 days (I'm in Australia) and the stealth packaging is quite good (which is especially important in Australia - our customs are intense). Decent prices too. :smoke:

8. #108 kofidog, Mar 13, 2014

I'm familiar with the Ono Block Pro, but unfortunately we can't get that here in Oz. I have tried to find comparable products but so far no luck. What is an 'odor sok'?

I have my doubts that the scrubber that came with my PC will actually be effective. What do you think?

By the way, the main reason I have the scrubber installed at such an early stage is because when it isn't on, the stealth aspect of my PC is greatly reduced - so much light coming out the back, and if someone were curious about all that light, they could look straight into the PC and see my grow. Defeats the entire purpose of buying a stealth PC grow box. How do you deal with this? Or is stealth not such an issue for you?

9. #109 GreenHackTM, Mar 13, 2014
    Man that really sucks that you can't order it in Oz form.. Makes me want to ship it to you myself hahaha.

But odor sok is a screen filter for scrubbing smell. It goes on your exhaust fans but it works (or is supposed to work ) more effectively than just carbon scrub.

As for the scrub that came with the unit.. I believe you are correct.. I feel it might be junk, being that might be the case I am going to order:

Odor sok
    Ono block pro

In a couple of weeks.. Better safe than sorry I always say.

Also I took a 12 v 13 amp power cord that was for my old led clock and I hooked it into my fans.

Runs just great. You can try that method (find an old cord, but double check it's output etc )

Or you can order one online lol

10. Oh yes! I forgot to mention that I bought a 12V 10A power supply from Ebay today on your suggestion.

11. the grow is going good. Last night i did some more trimming took of at least 20 fan leaves. Still no signs of pistils its been 12 days since i put her in 12/12 i believe. As for seed banks I like attitude and single seeds. I go to single seeds the most and pick a whole bunch of different seeds they give freebies i believe if the order is over 40 bucks or something close to that. Ill update later tonight

12. #112 GreenHackTM, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    Here are my girls

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394837785.296783.jpg

That's "quick and easy" her name

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394837816.445435.jpg

And this is "Twisty"

Seedling I appreciate both of your guys inputs on seed banks :)

I'll definitely look into both! Honestly free seeds are nice, however I am more interested in good genetics lol and viable seeds :) also trustable, and I think you all answered that.

Damn I'm out of it tonight. Just finished vaping on some Super snow dog

13. your girls are looking good gh ill be posting some pics tonight. Yes good genetics are what we want along with free good genetics :metal: . This girl needs to start flowering so i can smell the goodness of her flowers. She smells of fresh grass at the moment. I have never heard of that strain you vaped but sounds pretty good from the name lol

14. Been curious for awhile now, do you guys use any type of CO2 producing method for your plants?

15. #115 GreenHackTM, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
    Here are my two outdoor girls. Hoping to have a good transition with weather in the next week or so. Had a weird snow last night into today haha.

But anyways, these two girls I am doing outdoors on a balcony..

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395011633.271832.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1395011651.154987.jpg

These were my "weaker" ones, the ones I kept but pulled out of my pc lol.

I am LST-ing them and if anyone's interested I'll continue to post updates about these plants as well

16. Those girls look good Gh they are doing well, especially to hear its cold still. Heres my girl coming along and now growing rapidly. I'm waiting on the flowering to start anyday.

Attached Files:

17. Thanks man, it's been a constant battle monitoring these plants and then setting up the grow lights for then when too cold outdoors haha.

But man your girls look so tight! Literally I mean your nodes are so closely together giving you so much more room for your buds.

You should get a very nice yield, what do you have about three flowers?

18. #118 seedlingstarter, Mar 17, 2014
    Thanks Gh she is a very compact girl which is good. I am hoping that she is a good yielder. when saying flowers do you mean budsites? if so she has 5 sites an remember i broke 2 off lol

19. Yes sorry, I meant bud sites haha I'm still a little new to the terminology of this plant, as we haven't grown it in our greenhouse yet haha

But yeah man with 5 bud sites you will definitely get some good yield !

20. #120 kofidog, Mar 17, 2014

GH, as a completely noob gardener, that's just an area I haven't gotten my head around yet. I have read about the benefits, but I'm still struggling with the basics - just trying to keep my little girls alive and healthy and getting them past their first month of growth! :rolleyes: By the way, what do you think about the growth of these seedlings? They are now 12 days old - they don't seem to have grown very much in the last week :confused:

20140318_083043_LLS.jpg

I notice the new leaves on the one on the left appear to be slightly yellowing - am I being overly paranoid to worry about that at this stage?