Led pc grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by seedlingstarter, Jan 26, 2014.

1. #81 GreenHackTM, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    I do hah but I'm not sure which are girls yet, I started from bag seed.

But here is one of my main plants for indoor, my others will be outdoor
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394342930.103256.jpg

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

Remember: There is Nothing more American than a man producing a product that the people want

2. looking good man. hopefully you get females. Is she in the box

3. Thank you, and yes sir I have her and one other one inside of the box. I'm thinking about buying one more led strip for it, the lower set of leaves will need at least a cfl light for later on.

Remember: There is Nothing more American than a man producing a product that the people want

4. Hey guys, good to be back. I've had a few dramas the last few days with my grow. As you all know I had a really bad fungus gnat problem and the insecticide I used (chili, garlic and dish soap) seemed to hurt my seedlings - they didn't make it. I threw out the infested soil and replaced it. I sprouted 2 more beans and they have broken soil. But before they broke soil, I noticed still some fungus gnats crawling on the new soil and flying around. So I made up a different insecticide (neem oil, potassium silicate, lavender oil, and aloe vera), and sprayed some on the new soil. The next day there was not one single fungus gnat to be seen! So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed! Apparently this mix kills all the larvae. Once my little girls get passed 3 weeks I'll post some pix.

5. Glad you're back in the game, sorry to hear about your losses.

It's good you are staying on top of things from the start.

Did you buy new ewc or did you use the same bag? Just trying to determine where your gnats originated from hahaha no big deal tho.

6. Yeah, I used earthworm castings from the bag I had before. But I don't think they were the source of the gnats. Just waiting on some neem cake, then I'll top dress my soil with it. Hey man, you got your case yet?

7. Yes sir, my case arrived a couple of days ago. Above a couple posts up I posted a photo of one of my "girls" as of right now I don't know sex on any of them yet haha

8. What do you think of the case so far?

9. #89 GreenHackTM, Mar 9, 2014
    Honestly it's pretty well made, however I did have a rip in the side of it when it arrived (small rip minor)

There are a couple things I am going to modify myself.

For example: the fans shouldn't shut off, proper ventilation is key, when these fans shut off with the light timer it can cause smell to form and also fungi lol. So it's important for me to make sure my fans run continuous so I am buying a separate power supply for them.

I'm also going to purchase another led light for my lower growth when the girl goes into flowering, I believe it will provide more light for my lower leafs and in turn might help give a better yield.

EDIT:

Here is what I'm going to do with the fans

I will purchase another power supply, use my other timer that I have, and I will set the interval times for the fan to turn on for 15 min when the plant is sleeping. While awake it will be on full time. This should help with smell when flowering and should help keep the ventilation of fresh air flowing.

I would highly recommend this to anyone using a pc

10. has anyone posted pictures of the case yet not sure i seen it? Also where will you buy another led strip from the site?

11. #91 GreenHackTM, Mar 9, 2014
    I'll post pictures of the case haha ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394389676.548784.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394389726.764963.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394389749.447892.jpg

I found a website that sells LED waterproof stripping. In fact I'm almost positive it is where mrGrowPro purchases from lol.

You can find better pictures of the case on his website (mrGrowPro)

12. those are some nice big cases. you could get a nice yield in a case that big my biggest case was 18inches high then with cfls taking up room i had about 15 inches of grow height. i only have about 14 inches of grow height now

13. What was your yield with that setup?

Yeah I'm hoping I get at least 3 if not 4 ounces.

14. with my cfl pc case i could pull anywhere from 21 to 29 grams an that was vegging for about 30 days then flowering. higest i ever seen in a pc case was close to 2 oz with only 1 plant

15. I'm vegging mine for 30 days so I'm hoping that will help, and also with another led or cfl light for lower growth should be great too... Hopefully haha

16. Did my final transplant earlier this morning. Here she is this evening.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394517508.499126.jpg

I'm only focusing on one plant now for indoor, in a couple of more weeks when spring officially starts I'll show you outdoor.

17. with 45W you will not get 4 ounces man :/ with really good genetics and possibly hydro you could reach 2g/w, which would equal to 3oz or something around that. But this is if your lights take actual 45w, not just in the name.

Shiet im hoping for atleast 1 ounce from my 40W panel, that would make me a happy panda

18. I'm ordering more lights lol I mentioned that above

19. Hey GH, yeah, I agree that the fans must be on a separate power supply. My problem is i'm not handy so not sure how to go about this. Especially with the type of lead I have going from my fans to the power supply. Do you have the same type of lead and power supply?
    Upload GH.jpg

20. When is the ideal time to transplant? My seedlings are only about a a week old at this stage.

Upload GH2.jpg