Led pc grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by seedlingstarter, Jan 26, 2014.

Thanks i'm about to build a 50w led panel either tonight or tomorrow. The current panel is only 33w of led. Here are my led's that arrived today!

Attached Files:

2. #22 seedlingstarter, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
    OK just dropping in a update. she is now 24 days old. The under growth is starting to grow in nicely from the pictures a few days ago. I'm probably gonna flip her at around 30days to 12/12. By the way my led light keeps her so short and compact she is only about 2 1/2 inches from the start of the stem coming out the dirt to the top of her haircut.

Attached Files:

3. here is a picture scale to show you the size comparison. the picture is of a 12 oz beer can sitting on top of the soil as you can see at 24 days shes only about have the size of the can. This led keeps the internodes very tight. I cut to much off trying to top her because of it. But as you can see she is still doing fine

Attached Files:

4. #24 kofidog, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    I'm subbed up - I'll be following your progress!  :smoke:   I am also doing a pc grow and have 3 little white widows that are just about 14 days old now... oh, and I'm using LED rails!

5. Cool man thanks for following , do you have a journal for your grow?

6. Okay guys so this is an update the plant is not 29 days old today. Progress is doing good. I also cut all the fan leaves off so the lower shoots could get to the light. So here is a pic update with no fan leaves. .

Attached Files:

7. If it were me I would be putting duct tape around that clear pot.... roots dont care for light nthey hate it

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. i have been growing this way for awhile and have had no complications with the roots. The dr. had no complications either which is where i first seen it with proven results. I think the growing itself caused problems for people than they blamed it on light to the roots. Thanks for looking out though.

9. I haven't started a journal as yet... hopefully I'll get inspired watching your grow! :smoke:

10. #30 kofidog, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    Is that a pipe cleaner in that photo? Is that for LST? I was going to ask if anyone knew how early you can LST plants...

Oh, and what kind of soil are you using?

11. You can lst as early as the second node, so you can expose the side shoots to light.

\nGreat man, thanks for letting me know. I don't remember reading anywhere about how early plants could be LST'd. Just curious about what soil your girls are in?

13. i usually use happy frog, my last 2 girls have been in miracle grow seedlingstarter. The only problem  with this is i have to add epsom salt to every other watering. Also its high in N see how dark my girls are,  i have yet to feed her.

14. Starting my LED grow in couple days. Subbed to monitor yours as well

15. thanks for dropping in, pull up a seat and watch the show. Led's gotta love them, I started out growing about 5 years back with cfl and the heat in the summer can be to much at times even for them. My led unit runs cool even in the summer time although its only 33watts i could build a 100w unit that would run just as cool in a pc case

16. What will your setups be? wattage, medium, seeds etc.

17. #37 GreenHackTM, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    I ordered a pc led grow from mrgrowpro
    Led

Red(630nm): Blue(460nm) 2:1 ratio,

45 watt total

It will be a soil grow, with some Bag seeds right now (but some of them I labeled the bags when I stored so the names are as follows: JFK, headband, and cannaSutra.)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. #38 GreenHackTM, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Currently I have a cfl setup running for veg cycle of 11 plants, like I said bag seed so hoping female out of at least one haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. lol you should be good, my first 3 bagseed were all female an i only ran 1 seed at a time

20. Hey GreenHack, I also recently got a grow box from mrgrowpro with LED rails. How are you finding it so far? I think it's a pretty well constructed box (considering I've never seen any others, ha ha), but there are a couple of little things I feel could be improved on, still overall, I quite like it. How far will you be keeping your seedlings from the LEDs?  :smoking: