Led pc grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by seedlingstarter, Jan 26, 2014.

1. ive read it as well. while researching led in general :) ww and cw do cover all the needed spectrums, but its just not as effective i believe. 

deep red is needed for the Emerson efffect

2. Whatsup bro, feel like dropping some pics for us? Very interested in how your girl is doing :bongin:

3. sure thing my man i just been chilling lately sorry for the lack of posting i been doing. the girl looks good though although she is a runt shes a nice looking one update later on tonight when lights come on at around 5

4. Your good bro, no worries haha I just love checking people's girls out haha it's an obsession

-------------------------
    All of my advice comes from years of farming and green housing experience.

I'm a hacker, I'm a grower, I'm a stunt man. Live your life :)

5. Any update bro? Lol

6. Sorry to say I had to chop.. The yield was not very good at all. Will be making a new panel as soon as the rest of my less arrive. I did start 2 new girls for the solo cup challenge but it's only for fun and in hope of getting a male and female for sees making strains are unknown though freebies from nirvana

7. #287 GreenHackTM, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    What's the solo cup challenge?

Edit: lol nvm I looked it up. Damn I wish I had got a chance to compete in that challenge... I believe I could bring something fierce to the table, just as I anticipate you will bring too lol

8. There is a new thread started "Infamous solo cup challenge 2" that just started April 15th. People can enter until May 15th I believe and there is no time limit on harvest (because obviously there is a restriction on space to begin with). Anyway if you are interested I definitely say come on in and join us!
    The more the merrier :)

9. Thanks bro! I'll definitely be joining in on this fun as soon as I move my girls outdoors and have the space needed to do the new grow.

Is it just indoor grow or does it allow for outdoors?

10. Pretty much anything goes brother, as long as the roots stay in a 16oz cup!

11. gh here is the pics of the day i chopped her down. a upclose shot and a whole plant shot. she is a good body high but i would have loved to have her go a little longer but oh well. I also see you posted in the solo cup challange 2 thats sweet bro. I just posted my 2 entries a few minutes ago

Attached Files:

12. Sorry man :/ that kinda sucks but she looks helllaaa healthy, do you just believe it was your lack of light space?

Yeah man I'm going to try and enter the contest as soon as I can get my girls moved outside (this weekend :) moving them outdoors )

I also need to decide on a strain lol, I may just end up doing skunk#1 or another random seed I have, cause I know skunk #1 will stink up my apartment.

13. Hey SS, why did you have you chop your girls? They were lookin great!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. damn that was super early. why dude :/

15. I had a situation where with family. Where I.was.forced to chop. How do you feel about a red ww an cw. In place of the blue

16. how do you feel about a red/ white panel? i will put red 620 and warm white and cool white. The cool white will replace the blue diodes being at 6500 k. Ill have the panel 20red 7ww and 3 cw

17. if you insist on ww diodes, i personally would use them as support leds just to fill the spectrum a bit more. And you should get some deep red diodes in there as well, im talking 660 nm minimum, better to get something closer to 700 nm. So for a 30 ww diode set up i would personally go with this:
    3 ww, 4 cw, 10 630nm, 13 660/700nm.

18. why go 660 that is not as important and increases stretching. while cree ww is already heavy in the 630 and also with red cree at 620 which is ideal for flower. while the cool whites range at 6500k which is ideal for vegging and can replace the blue.

19. emmerson effect, google it. Plants kinda stop stretching when they receive enough of the blue spectrum, and 4 red to 1 blue ratio is plenty to stop stretching, other lamp makers do fixtures with as little as 8 red to 1 blue.

but yeah man, do what ever you think is best, im just giving my opinion :)