LED or MH/HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bodyfarm, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Hello all I have vegged 5 plants under 3 different (blurple)LED lights that are 300 watts a piece and results have been great,it's been close to 4 weeks and they are ready to flip to flower. My question is should I continue to use the 3 "blurple" LEDs or buy a 400w ballast with HPS bulb for the flowering? I have heard so many different opinions and watched comparison videos but can't make sense of it myself thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If they're truly 300w each, I'd flower under those blurples and save up for quantum boards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The reason you've heard so many opinions is because it's personal preference.

4. Sell the blurple shitboxes and get some full spectrum white light quantum board LEDs. They are the cat’s tits.

Blurples are a thing of the past my friend. I can’t for the life of me figure out why and how these grow light manufacturers are still manufacturing poop in a box and calling it names like “efficient,” “full-spectrum,” and “grow light.” Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don’t feel bad mate. Most of us on here went down the blurple path, and some of us grew some pretty dank bud. But there is bigger and better technology right now and it’s actually more affordable than the blurples ever we’re.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I got my HLG quantum board from ledgrowlightsdepot, bought the 300v2 which is usually $600 for around 480.

7. I can grow you very good pot under a blurple Blackdog. Oh how I miss it. I still have one perfectly good 200w in storage. It's a little loud and unstealthy. It will beat a straight 3000k germ to harvest. I can do a little better with a 4k and a 3k, but now that is more watts. No wonder this qb pot looks so good. At least the new stuff that didn't get burned.
    I would not buy hid now, not anymore, Keep your leds and see how they do in flower. You already know they are good veg lights. Start looking at some 3000kv2 boards. That would be a good way to start adding if needed. Because your blurples probably already have all the blue spectrum a plant can stand. The 3000k boards will give you some red which will be a more flower enhanced spectrum. They also make 3000k strips which would be a great way to get more flower spectrum and power. But yes, blurple grows really nice pot, so does mh/hps. What the heck do they think we've been smoking all these years? But new money goes to qb.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I put in my HLG 135 v2 QB today, and I tell you what, I feel like I have put a second sun in my grow tent, that shit is bright and has ridiculous canopy penetration .. although I was using a blurple LED up until now and it did really well considering the price

9. Its all personal prefrence. Everbody is on the qb board bandwagon these days but i still like the customization with cob lights due to you can change out each cob light for 30 bucks to get your 6500k for veg then switch them to 3000k 90 cri for flower or mix em 3500k with 3000k.
    Screenshot_20190403-053714_Gallery.jpg

10. One thing I want to point out that is frequently missed when talking about LED lights. They are only as affordable as everyone is saying IF you build them yourself. Granted it isn't hard to build but you still have to be willing/able to do it. If you want the latest greatest plug and play light that HLG is putting out right now that will replace a 400 HPS You are looking at around 600$ for the 288 boards or 800 for the QB 96's. I feel like that is just information worth knowing when everyone is putting prices out there.