Led or hid

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokeydadro, Sep 4, 2016.

1. saying you had funds for everything included, HID.

2. in my opinion hid is way to go led is getting there and will probably surpass hid in the future. but for now hid is still king.

3. THE FUTURE IS HERE!

High quality LEDs have a better spectrum than HID, with UVA, UVB, IR. HPS have a lot of yellow.

HPS
    gkhgjkhkghj.jpg

kind k5 led
    khkhjkghjg.jpg

LEDs convert more energy into light
    HID converts more energy into heat.

With HPS the spectrum is what it is, LEDs are getting better and better.
    Google the Cirrus Titan 5, it is way better than any HID.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yea to bad that the Cirrus Titan 5 is 2500 bucks. you can get a 1k watt hid for a few hundred and still get fat buds.

5. #7 skanzy, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Sure you can but they can't compare to a high quality LED

Titan 5 will use 500 watts and yield 1.5 lbs
    A 1000w HPS would be needed to yield 1.5 lbs and you would need to cool it. A/C is expensive to buy and run.
    You can never get the quality from a HID. The buds from the Titan 5 will have more resin than any HID.

The Titan is $2500 and the HID is $300 for many reasons.

If you want quality go with LED
    If you want efficiency go with LED

• Like Like x 1
  6. is that light even out yet? even if you can buy one right now im pretty sure noone has used one to finish yet. those are some bold ass claims ive heard many many times before from light companies who almost always over promise and under deliver. think i will just wait to see whats up and for the price to come down some till then my 1k watt hid still grows frosty ass buds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The kind k5 series is proven, $1300 on ebay

• Like Like x 1
  8. I got my Titan on pre order but I live in Canada, they are available in the usa. Some people have had them for a while now as a promotional thing, it is too bad I missed it because they were going for cheaper.

9. when you get it make sure to do a journal.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Before everyone starts pulling out their dicks and rulers over what light is better how big of a grow area are you needing to cover?

• Like Like x 1
  11. You will get better performance for your money with HID. I won't deny those $1000 LEDs don't work well. Just not as good for the price being spent IMO.

Most people use inline fans to cool there HIDs. A/C is usually only used if you live in a hot area and sometimes in summer which would be needed for LED as well. I've been through tons of grow journals, I've never seen nugs or yield comparable to a 1000 watt HID. Maybe post some pictures or link to other threads to back up your claims.

12. Fans move air, not cool air.
    Air conditioners cool air.

13. I'm not talking about air, I'm talking about the HID.... You said you would need to cool the HID and said an A/C would be needed to do so. Most people don't use A/C to cool there HIDs. Inline fans connect to ducts and your HID which moves away the hot air from the light and your grow space, effectively cooling the lamp and exhausting old air. If it's in a tent it can bring in fresh air too from negative pressure. An A/C would NOT have to be used on a 75 degree or cooler day with an HID. People use A/C to cool there plants on hot days, not to cool just there light.

14. Efficiency, spectrum, lumens, and PAR is what I think about when I compare HID to LED. Fact is that LEDS beat HID in all four categories, sure HPS has comparable lumens but that doesn't mean anything because the light is not the right spectrum. 680nm

15. Reviews that are posted on the LED company's site isn't what I would call solid proof. Those reviews are all fake.I want pictures of the nugs you've been growing with those special LEDs. It doesn't really seem like you know for sure these lights can do what they claim.

16. Lots of company's beside Kind have better spectrum than HID