???? LED Neon rope lights, LED Flood lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SOZE, Aug 30, 2009.

1. #1 SOZE, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
    Starting a grow room, just want to know some of you guys thoughts.
    im useing gen hydro nuttreints and supplemets,and Promix as a medium.
    now as for light i havent decided yet. i want to use led lights, but only purple
    ones instead of buying blue and red, cause dont blue and red make purple,
    thats how it looks to me with some of the leds for growing. i was aslo thinking about
    useing led rope lights or led neon lights i seen on this site. iwant to line the whole closet out with the neon light its very bright, will this work? and will a led flood light work i fount
    one that has like 1milloin colors, some thing like that not sure. i grew before but i used that mg and it kinda fried my platns, got bud just tops. the internoids were at the top none
    grew at like the middle, but the smoke was good i feed the plants grape juice in small amounts it seemed to give it the flavor of the grape juice. i also germinated them in the juice too, every thing was fine except for my lighting and that mg soil that grow.
    i compared it to all the exotics i smoked and it was up there didt know the strain
    i got mad seeds seeds for days just dont know the strains all good smooke if grown right
    i got some bud with seeds but it was haze, i got it at mid price 1 lb like three years ago
    and some straight swagg that looked black green, both of these ended beig haze or a hybrid
    im starting with these two strains so i can cross them and see what i get. let me know whta you guys think about my ligting with led neon rope,and flood light. this is where i found the neon rope light and flood light Fiber optic lights, rope lights and led lighting

2. Um, yes

3. there is a reason why LED units dont use purple. plants use blue and red for photosynthesis. purple LEDs wouldnt help you out at all. we see that blue and red blending creates purple, but plants use both red and blue independently. so purple really would do much. as far as rope lights go, i dont think that they would help you out much at all other than being green and used during the darkcycle, or even white to extend the day cycle when your primaries are set to 12/12 and you still want to veg.

4. #4 alice D, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
    led flood lights would probable only be white/blue light that wouldnt do anything for growing purposes

purple led light would work but you are probably better off justbuying the red/blue checkeboard pattern LED panels.

i just bought 2 red panels and 2 blue panels.

but i gotta say ive seen pretty much the same results as with just some CFL's. and there easier. maybe throw a red led panel in at flowering with a CFl grow

5. the higher wattage of the diode the better the penetration and the better the results will be. just a word from an LED grower that has been there before. those small diodes work great for clones, seedlings and sidelighting clones and seedlings. they wont penetrate enough for a full cycle. also stay away from ebay. thats just really bad stuff. i wish you luck on your LED venture. remember, research before you buy.

6. so how do i find the higer wattage diode. meaning i want to build one, what type of led do i need and where can i find them. like i see christamas lights that are leds with different types of bulbs, are those good enough?and i read this article about ledshttp://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20090421/169065/ is said pink might be better to grow plants but not sure if hemp is covered on that subject. i think every plant has a prefrence on what color it likes in theory. but check this link out tell me what you think.