LED module strip builds.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Yesyes3000, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Yes hello ! I am exploring some different led options and having some fun. So I am wondering if people could chime in on some led strips or quantum board strips or module strips that are promising ? Not exactly sure what they are called ....?Also where to purchase them... some of the strips I’ve looked at have two rows of chips, side by side on the strip and look to be incredible. Ok thank you for your time !!

Also how do I determine the wattage they are run at ? Like on the website digikey they have the info for the strip but I can’t figure out how many watts the strip is supposed to have hooked up to it.

2. Each board/strip/COB/LED will have a maximum current (amps) rating. To get the maximum wattage you can run one you multiply the max current by the voltage needed to run said unit.

So for example, if a strip has a 1.5A max rating and needs 15volts to run (made up numbers) then at the maximum you can power it is 22.5watts (1.5x15). This is the maximum the unit can take, how much out of that maximum you want to go for is up to you.
    Why would you want to power it less than max? Because these LEDs perform better the softer you power them, so for instance 2 strips running at 10watts each will produce more light than a single strip running 20watts, due to efficiency gains. running them softer also supposedly prolongs the life of the LEDs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Check these out! Not sure if they're actually Samsung or not but I have some in 2700k and they are mega bright at a little over 30w per strip,rated at 50w per strip. I like that they have red and blue along with which ever color temp you choose. I'm running two strips on a LRS-50-24, it has a built in dimmer but only dims 10%.

Look at this on eBay
    Sun Board 96 3000k/6500k w/ 450 660 730nm IR Samsung 96 lm561c LED Quantum Grow | eBay

• Like Like x 1