LED Micro Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Thelukester, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Hey everyone, hope your plants are doing well. I'm currently in the middle of week 8 since pistols on my first grow which went well (minus some deficiencies and the usual noob mistakes) considering it was my first. I think she will be ready in about a week.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I already have my second plant starting and just know it will be so much better.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Both are bagseed from some really dank weed. I used cfl's for the whole first grow and am starting the second with them as well until I finally upgrade my lighting to a LED panel.

I went through a lot with the first plant. Huge learning curve. I never knew there was so much to know about growing weed, I know more now than I thought was possible a year ago. Anyways... I'm in ffof with perilite, the ff nutes, 258 actual watts of cfl's ( currently the seedling is under one 43 watt). I'm in a shelving space in my closet with the shelves taken out. 1.5x2x4. Im going to order some smart pots, cal mag and the 300w viparspectra. I think I will journal my second grow so follow along if you like.

She sprouted on the 4th of July, which is convenient I guess to remember the age. Currently I. A water bottle with towels around it to block light. Ffof and perilite 50/50. Filtered water at pH6.5. 19/5 lights right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. And yes she is stretched. I will bury the stem when I transplant

3. Check into the viparspectra LED lights. My results with the 450 watt and 600 watt for single autoflowers has been outstanding. Heres a fastberry day 26 shot along with light. Absolutely no smell other then faint berry in a 3 gallon soil grow.

Attached Files:

4. Yeah I'm looking at getting the 300watt model. My space is so small I think it be fine. A sure upgrade from the cfl's

5. I'll be looking forward to your journal

• Like Like x 1
  6. First plant looking closer every day. Pistols are 90% dark and receding into the calyxes. Trichs on the buds started turning amber two or three days ago. Think it needs one more watering before harvest, giving it four or five days untill the chop.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The baby is looking good as well, getting less stretched with every node. Once the other is done, into the closet she goes.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. She looks great I may have to come and smoke a j or two with you lol. What do you think your dry weight will be?

8. I honestly have no clue. I'm bad enough at eyeballing already dried weed haha. I'm curious to see how much the nugs shrink after drying and curing. From the start I was saying I'd be happy if I got 1/2 oz. but if I had to guess, I think I'll end up somewhere in between 1/2 and 1oz

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 Budmiser, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Good looking little baby girl there... I'd be topping her about now,to get them multiple colas going...Looks like you did that on the first one pictured (?)

10. I'm gonna wait till I transplant and she gets settled untill I top it but yeah I fimmed and did lst on the one I'm about to harvest

11. Good Job !!!

12. Heynow,
    I'm about at the same place as you, finishing up one plant, and I have 3 more started that popped on the 4th or close to it.
    Plants look great, that them cfl's get it done ,
    I am running some leds over the flowering plant, and a tiny little t5 2' 2 bulb over the 3 babies, I still have a couple weeks of flower on the 1 plant .
    Actually 49 days today of an 8 week strain( critical jack herer)
    I need to get some proper light over the babies
    Anyway stuff looks great and I would like to follow along on the journal

Boom4200 winter spring grow journal

Boom4200 winter spring grow journal

13. Just an observation though,for what it's worth... Looks like you got a little "nute- burn" going on that first plant ...nothing that a little feeding adjustment wouldn't fix.

14. I second the viparspectra suggestion I have the 300w model and my auto is looking beautiful! [​IMG] I just trained her a good bit so don't mind the gaps in the bush lol

15. I have it in ffof which I know can be kinda hot for seedlings. No nutes yet just pHd water

16. Oh wait you mean the first one lol. Missed that the first time haha but yeah she was burned a lil bit month ago, I've been giving her only phd water for a week now

17. Vipar rocks! Yeah man easy on the nutes. How old is that girl and what strain? Shes looking good bro.

18. 26 days old from seed Fastberry by Fastbuds under Viparspectra.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Week 9 and it's bagseed from super silver haze

20. Don't worry that not as bad as it looks haha, I got a mg deficiency mid flowering and some leaves got it kinda bad