LED lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cavebear3863, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Definitely not 600w thats for sure.

2. Hi..

The ad says equal to 600-1000w HPS in output - for a $150. Definetly not! Do a search on LED lights any you will find that most people agree that the technology is not where it needs to be yet.

Good Luck!

3. OK thanks yall....i'll go back to looking for HIDs

4. my buddy brought the exact same thing over the other day and it was so fucking bright...his had a built in ballast and 3 built in fans...I just bought a small panel myself an am awaiting it in the mail...check the grow journals man, there are some pretty wicked led grows...alot of people are starting to use it

5. I just bought a led light... its only one of the 14 watt quad bands, but i only plan on growing 1-2 small plants at a time... I've seen some good results with these on the grow journals

6. a 14 watt light won't do much more than veg a young plant.

You would want about 5-6 of those.

7. The LED dots are not. The G2 channels are. G2 stuff is benching over HPS with a 1200PAR measurement. Their is aguy getting a inch of growth per day under these leads. PAR is Photosynthetic Active Radiation. This is the energy behind photosynthesis. The sun measures 2000 and the next best HPS gives us a 384 par on the meter. The UFO stuff will bench in the 150 to 200 range and the G2LED gave us 1200. Nothing we have ever tested has been higher. You can make the meter spike like this with an HPS, but you could never get your plant close enouigh withour burning it down. These guys are replacing HPS in all applications not just growing. If your serious about LED than you need to look into these guys. I am using one of the HLS120s and a HLS60. We just added another Chicken feeder to the flowing room last week and the plants are going crazy under this light. Check out Kenwood posting pics of his growing.

8. I have not been impressed by any LED grow I have seen to date. Lots of money spent with little results.

9. No way 90w= 600w HPS. More like a 250W HPS for veg. Also another thing about LEDs don't buy the ones without the white light spectrum. I have noticed the white light makes a huge difference in performance. You could veg 4 plants with one 90w LED for about 4-5 weeks of veg. After that you would have to add more light like CFLs or something stronger to flower.

90w UFO, I recommend a veg of 2x2 sq ft, with no more then a 1ft from the top of the plants.

10. Mr foreskin is right, leds cost alot!! And they dont grow reefer any better than cfl's do for a fraction of the cost..

11. LED's are getting cheaper and cheaper...new technology doesn't start out cheap...it starts out expensive...I bought one of those 28w tri band panels...supposed to be comparable to 400 w hps...it was only 70 bucks and im gonna use it with my 600 w hps I already have during veg...if no one ever tries this shit technology will never move forward...so I figured I might as well....Kessel, do you have a link for that?

12. HIDS all the way LED'S lack penetration and they lack in bud production
    dont waste your hard earned cash go buy a HID set up or cfl 's if cash is tight

nobody can say LEDS beat out HID's in mj production it just isnt true dont believe the hype because the tech's not there yet

13. #14 CL4P-TP, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009

lots try it .. lots abandon it .. for HIDs.. enough said.

there have been at least 10 threads this year dedicated to LEDs on Grass city.. the only sucessfull grows with LEDs were done by people selling em .. which leads me to belive its a scam.

peace
    and good luck

14. I believe it is a great conspiracy. Why are you HID growers trying to keep us from buying these lights. I don't know of to many folks using HID most of them are using HPS. You will need to let me in on the HID secrects. What are you holding back? Please I am just kidding.

Folks I was an HPS and I bought this light because I saw it working. I am an annal bitch and pay attention to a lot of details that most folks do not. What this light does is make my operations over 95% more efficient. That means I send a check to my power company for $6.00 a month now for my growing vs the 100.00 I was. I get to sleep at night now because I do not worrie about the house Buring down or my heat being picked up by the helicopters that fly over. I sold my extra AC unit on e-bay and payed for half of the light I use now. That's how I roll. If your happy to deal with the old ways stay their and get off backs for being happy about our results. Before you try it, abondon it, and switch back to HID, first take the time to understand how much you are paying to grow your bountiful HID/HPS crops today. Let's keep talking because there is never enough said on any subject. The more we can talk the more we can learn from each other.

Bob

15. Bob, how long have you been selling LEDs?

Sell me with proof not the same ol stuff about the house burning down. Show me a bunch of 5' tall bushes that has to have rope to hold up the buds. Not a lot to ask for.

All I have seen is a bunch of skinny plants with small buds and few branches (even from the guy growing with $9000 worth of LEDs).

16. I have one or 2 ?? . Why cant anyone talk about LED's without someone jumping someones ass about them and saying they don't work. If people do not try new thing how can a product get better without testing and letting the companies know that their stuff sucks. I was at this one company that did not want to get computers for the engineering teams we did everything on drafting tables. We was so far behind in tech that they had to shut the doors. Computers are to pricey we cant afford them, this is what we all heard everyday. I brought people in to show them how much better thing would run not just in engineering but in the book keeping or whatever. Last I heard they have learned the computer and are always on them. LOL It is funny how people are scared to switch over to some thing new. Yes I do have one set-up where I run T5, HPS. but I am doing a test on this NEW LED and NO I am not selling them I can give you the guy name, also Bob knows Tim. So please stop ragging on people who are wanting to try new stuff.

KenWood

17. #18 Rumpleforeskin, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009

It's kinda like being scared to eat dog poop. Looks bad, smells bad, and everyone else said it tasted bad.

I have $2500 of LEDs sitting right here. I will be testing them as soon as I harvest the crop that is in the room now. I am not scared, just extremely skeptical of the outcome.

A few folks have over a thousand watts of LEDs growing a couple nice plants. But it looks like you could do the same with less power from HIDs. The nice LED grows are not being done with a single UFO. But I can show you some nice plants being grown with a single HID.

I will be testing the Illuminator Jumbo UFO 180W for Prosource Worldwide. But they want me to run two of them to replace a single 400W HID. Ok so its less power (40 watts) and I will be sold if the results come out the same or better (or even close).

After that I will be testing and reviewing the Illuminator Pro Series Hybrid 350W.

Don't tell me I'm closed minded. I just asked for some proof.

I have mine.

18. LOL had a flashback of cheech an chong little skit. I will be watching for your grow on LED' Rumble. I know you can grow I like your stuff you are the BUD GURU. Hey since you are here when you run CO2 does the filter take it out to where it is not doing any good. I dont think your not closed minded. This is why I am doing a small test, if I get some good results then my other site will be transformed.

19. [/RANT]

My problem isn't with the fact that LED's may eventually overtake HID's as the defacto growing light, given enough research and development. I will happily transition over to this (or any other proven) new technology when it is ready. My problem is with the bozo's on ebay selling a 90w LED and saying that it has the same output at 600W-1000w HID's. And for $150. People will purchase this unit and then wonder why they can't grow anything.

[/RANT OFF]