LED lights

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lrfowler, Dec 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. So..I got these King 1200w LED Lights.......
    I've had 2 of them on my seedlings for 30 days......with the blue light on (Veg). they've grown about 10 inches high - 18 hours on - 6 hours off.
    So now, I'm think of going with the red light (Flower).....and switching to 12/12 hours.....for 30 days......and then both lights (Veg and Flower) on for 30 more days.
    Or....should I keep the lights still on Veg?
    They're not that tall and the main stem is not especially strong.
    Or.......... turn the blue and the red light on?

2. Stay in veg unless your sexing your plant or until the plants grow to the size your ready to flip them into flowering .

3. Run the veg switch during veg. The day you flip to 12/12 run both veg and flower switches to get that full spectrum during flower

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I am all new to this........how would the lights affect the sexing of the plant?...I turned on the red lights yesterday.....today I will turn them back to blue....??!!

5. Your putting the plant into flowering where the sex of the plant will be obvious.
    Setting your lights to 12/12 and a plant that is of regular seeds will throw the plant into thinking its time to regenerate ,,
    The female plants produce flowers and the male produce pollen ..
    I only do this when I am developing my strain again because I lost my mother plant ..
    I only use regular seeds so I raise one female mother plant and only clone of that one mother plant ..
    This way I don't have to buy allot of seeds and I don't have to fuck around with weeding out males or hermaphrodites

• Like Like x 2
  6. I used the King 1000 for several grows and found that it works great for veg but it didn't have enough juice for bloom. I got good quality weed but buds were quite small and got a yield in a 3'x3' footprint of about 5 oz.which I would also like to improve. Your light is a little stronger and apparently has a veg and bloom option. Hope that works great for you. I am moving up to a quantum board for my next grow. - To my knowledge the gender of your plants is determined in the seed and your lights, (good, bad, or indifferent) will have nothing to do with plant sex.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quantum board ... interesting .....must Google quantum board.............seems like lights should also have heat....LED lights don't have heat.....I added a heater of course........but shouldn't the lights have heat...like the sun?

8. I like temps to be 75f-82f Also all the airflow possible. Cant hardly have to much air.
    Quantum Boards are the best bang for the $$$$.
    Make sure your next lights have the Samsung Diodes.

9. Heat equals resistance. Resistance equals inefficiency. The more efficient the light is means more energy goes to creating light than resistance. Samsung LM301b or h are the most efficient diodes available today.

There are other factors with HID lighting such as infrared, but most quantum boards are without IR or have very little. One thing with modern LEDs, is you can run a higher room temp (low to mid 80’s) and the plants will do just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. lrfowler,
    LED lights are very different in that regard and, just like the King unit, produce almost no heat. For people who use tents or small enclosed areas the lack of serious heat from LED lights is necessary. The heat from conventional lights can create the need for air conditioning, not needed for LED lights, Quantium Boards included.

11. Not really. The King LEDs and most blurple are inefficient diodes. That’s why they have fans cooling them. In fact, if you ran the same actual wattage of King LEDs as HID, the LEDs would only be slightly cooler.

Inefficiency = heat. Quantum boards still put out heat as well, though not as much. The plants can tolerate higher temps with the quantum boards as well. The qb120’s and 132’s are the coolest since they run lower watts. I can keep my hands on them all day

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. *** So......at first .....I had the 'red' grow light on....and then I switched to both lights on (veg and bloom)..........and that works much better......looks like real daylight........... I don't think it's a good idea to just do the 'red' light' and then later the 'blue' light.