LED Lights... Which option is better?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StaffOfPower, Apr 27, 2015.

1. I've been looking around for different manufacturers / suppliers of LED lights.  I notice that a lot of them seem to offer mediocre lights for high prices.

So my question is, if I'm seriously considering making the switch, would I be better off making my own light?  I have enough knowledge to do so, and if I were to run into any bumps in the road, I have plenty of people around me that know more than I do who could help.

Also, how much could one expect to spend on materials required to build a light?

2. It would cost more to buy the components and assemble it yourself than it would to just buy the fully assembled and warranted unit. Have you seen the MarsHydro LEDs? Not many companies can beat their prices 

3. Several growers are getting excellent results with the new Advanced panels.

I just finished my 3rd grow using Amare Technologies Solar Specs, which are hi-intensity, primarily white leds, a few critical r/b diodes to enhance certain spectrums.

No eye strain

Designed by a cannabis grower for growers

Excellent warranty, customer loyalty program and US servicing