Led lights/stealth grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by twistpro420, Jan 26, 2009.

1. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some links for good led grow lights. i have a cfl stealth grow, but it gets too hot in the box, so instead of spedning money on fans and such, i figured i'd just use that money on LEDs. I hear the chinese LEDs are crap, so please dont suggest any leds with chinese bulbs. Also, could somebody give me some recommendations on a good indoor stealth strain. there are a few characterisitics i need the plants to have
    1. Low odor (most important)
    2. High potency
    3. High yield (willing to give some for higher potency)
    4. Low branch/ flower to leaf ratio(least important)
    So what I have so far in northern light x big bud, white widow, alaskan thunderfuck, mazar, g13, cinderella 99, and master kush. what do yall think?

2. well, if your are worried about smell, and dont want to make a filter, read the link about the 5gal bucket, soil mix, and a fan, its cheap but works a charm. as for those strains, all will stank at some point. its going to happen, no way around it unless you filter air, also if you dont want to filter air, use a bowl of vinager, works like a charm, stinks, but works. - pz sm0ak

3. do you have a link? also, i don't mind a strain that is a little stinky, because i can just buy a ozone generator or make a filter. anybody else?

4. Yea I'm trying to find some kind of info/guide on LED lighting, I came across a handful of LED bulbs when I was browsing around at the store and they weren't as expensive as I thought.

Can you flower with white LEDs alone? or do you need red/blue leds?