Led lights do they work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Misguided, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Would like to hear some feedback from some farmers who have used the red and blue LED Light Grids, pics would be nice

2. They do. Check the link in my sig for proof.

3. yes they work, not as good as HID but they work

4. LED lights are a promising technology that may control the future of indoor growing. However at this point in time I gather they're an expensive pain in the ass that produces mediocre results in contrast to HID lighting. Those who do successfully use LED lighting use it as a good source of supplemental lighting.

5. I would like to use them just for vegetative growth only

6. the led grow thread is over two years old, anything new, I have bought two of the 225 led blue and red mix, currently have one pane 2" above four baby hydro's

7. #7 Misguided, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
    This was a germinated seed started in wet paper towl, then a sprout was transplanted into MG potting soil, when my rock wool came I tranplanted dirt and roots into rock wool hole, two days later filled pot with clay around rock wool. Two days later started ebb and flood feeding every twelve hours. Was all CFL until yesterday when my LED Block came, we will see what happens. I m not sure how many days old (ABOVE DIRT) maybe 7. got more seeds sprouting and will date them when they get put into the rock wool, no dirt this time LOL.

Attached Files:

8. Sweet plant. LED is really expensive though.

9. Not really, $24 for a 12" square 225 lights red and blue suppose to cover 18" square, six would cost me the same as a 400 hps and cover the same area, I am gonna buy some more (thru ebay) and use them in a veg box and terrarium if the work as good as hid I will change gladly.

10. Those are very low powered LEDs compared to the UFO and similar LED setups, but I would still like to see you give it a try. Would be nice to compare. Check out this video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CtROw3uiVg"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Good luck

11. seemed like through the vegetation stage they were neck and neck, and if so that is cool because thats what I want them for and then use 600w of HPS for flowering:smoking:

12. i had good luck with them with my first grow buds not as dense as with a hps system but the resign and bud quality was good