LED Lights - can they flower just as well as hps

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TheOnlyWay, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Hey everyone,
    I've heard a lot about LED's & some say there good for vegging but not so well for flowering. I want to know the truth so I will be doing a test. But what have you people heard, or rather does anyone use LEDs for overall lighting & has had success flowering nice buds under them. I use 2 growspot 15w LEDs now for supplemental lighting, but b/c of heat issues , I'd like to replace my 150w with a 90w UFO that I've seen someone do a test like I plan on doing, saying it works as well a 400.
    So I'd like to hear everyones thoughts on this.
    Appreciate it. Thanks. :smoking:

2. i am doing a test right now look in my sig for link. :wave:

3. I vegged and flowered my first plant with just cfls. I had to add a couple more lamps to finish flowering. I think I had to wait one more week too. But the results have been great. I am not sure, but I think HPS would result in harvesting a little early and a little bigger buds.

4. Wow that's an impressive setup, man.
    Well I read your thread, again , impressive. So a quad band or better,huh.
    I was looking at that sunshine systems 90 UFO , not sure if it a tri or quad. Have u seen that one if so , u think it's a good pick? If not I'll check the links in ur thread, or just try n find the one that worked for you. 275 I think u said. That's doable for me. Thanks man for the help, I appreciate it

@John John. I'm kind of trying to simplify my setup, cfl's..I'd need too many , thanks though