LED lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by coolfusion151, Feb 7, 2017.

1. I know a lot of people ask questions about leds. But basically I'm trying to decide between 2 lights that will work for my application.
    The mars hydro reflector 96

And this, meizhi reflector series 900w

Has anyone has experience with the meizhi lights? Or any other suggestions for a fridge grow, need to replace 2 large 125 watt cfls.

2. Any other suggestions would be great as well. Trying to stay under 500$, and have no problem doing some soldering if some LEDs burn out. Also I'm in Canada so trying to avoid shipping/brokerage. Basically the light has to be under or equal to 25x15 in size as well.

Sent from my XT1097 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. either of those lights will work fine for 1 to 3 plants, just dont overdo how many p[lants u try to cover and u should be pleased with results...just dont expect yields as large as a 600w hps

4. It's a small area. And heat management is my issue so I can't use a hps or I would. I'll probably go with the meizhi, I was just hoping to hear from someone who is using one.

5. Dude, you're spending way too much for mediocre performance. A Quantum board, maybe two, or a two Vero 29 COB set-up from Timber will blow away those panels, and would be perfect coverage for a fridge grow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. If you got 500 to spend grab some COBs I just put 2 in my kitchen :p

7. I am optimistic about this light, have you bought it ?

8. meizhi light

9. Bought the vipraspectra and the meizhi. Both are quite good.

10. If you have to buy a new light, will you buy meizhi, or vipraspectra or buy other brands of lights ?
    :love-mj2:

11. I find both to be of equal quality. The vipraspectra is a bit thinner. The meizhi comes with better gear to hang it. And there customer service is great. They even sent me an email after I received the light to ask how everything was. I'd probably buy another meizhi over the vipraspectra. A bit cheaper. Definitely worth the money.

• Like Like x 1