LED Lighting for 3x3x7 Tent

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Marky Bluntz, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Hey guys. I'm looking on setting up my first grow. I just purchased a 3'x3' gorilla tent which will be 7' high. I plan on growing 4 plants in square pots.

I'm pretty set on LED lighting because it uses less power and produces virtually no heat. I just need advice on the brand and wattage most adequate for my grow space. I'm stuck between 2 different LED brands. Either KIND or Advanced Platinum. Is the extra money worth spending on a KIND panel over a Advanced Platinum panel? It's about a $200-$300 difference between brands. And which wattage model should I get for my 3'x3'x7' tent? I want a light that will give me the best results without breaking the bank. I'm willing to spend up to $900 on the light but of course if I can spend less that would be better.

I appreciate any advice I can get to steer me in the right direction. I want to take my time with my setup so I get everything right. I'm willing on spending a good amount of money on my setup to make sure I get the best quality plants with the most yeild possible. I plan on getting my seeds from sensi seeds unless someone knows a better site.

-Mark

2. I have an advanced platinum and it is worth the money spent. LED's do make heat and it needs to be removed with a fan too.

3. plan on 50w/sf for bloom and 25w/sf for veg so 400w would work great for a 3x3 tent

4. This is an overkill, but you can turn the power down and you can still use it down the road if you upgrade to a 4x4.

PLC 6 - Pacific Light Concepts

You can also check out Timber. 300-400 watt framework series would be perfect. You can also adjust the power on these.

Timber Grow Lights

5. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of going with 2 P450 panels. Is that overkill? I want my plants to have plenty of light.

-Mark

6. I appreciate the links. I think I will go with 2 advanced platinum P450 panels. I was looking at the KIND K3 L600 but I think the dual P450's will be better for my plants and I'll only spend a couple hundred dollars more than the L600. I doubt I will upgrade to a 4x4 tent. I made templates of 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 tents using blank card sheets to see how much space they would take up and the 4x4 is a bit bigger than I like. I have the space for it but I'm not really willing to give up that much space. The 3x3 is perfect for me. I can grow 4 plants comfortably which is all I need. I can do grows back to back so I'll never run out of smoke. This is all for personal use.

Here are the templates I made.

[​IMG]

-Mark