led light to cover 5 foot square area under 400

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bryan oconner, Sep 23, 2021.

1. #1 bryan oconner, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    What are you opinions ? Eight of these for 45 bucks each
    If you have a better option please share . The 8 units would pull 800 watts and be equal to about 1600 watts of high pressure sodium .
    Total would be Subtotal (8 items): $339.92

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Have you checked the CocoForCannabis.com light tests? They do pretty decent light testing. Think they have about a dozen 1 light equivalent LEDs tested, pretty cool stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The main downside I can see is having to dim/raise 8 individual lights, and the fact that they're using less efficient diodes than a lot of quantum boards and qb knock offs.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not led but for the money it's cheap and would cover a 5x5 on ebay. Screenshot_20210923-173107.png

5. Thanks. I should snap a pic of the hoods i have already you will trip out .
    I have been waiting for led prices to fall so i can use them for flower . I already know they rock for veg .

6. If you think about it for most people they do not have that many plants in flower at once there is zero need .
    Now that person can grow one or two then add more later . No more books under the pots .

7. Probably just need to spend the money and buy what you need for a 5x5 tent. Here's some lights I got and bought them from the same seller on ebay and they work great and are the newest LEDs. I got 3 of his 350 watt lights and one of the 600 watt one's. Screenshot_20210923-180825.png Screenshot_20210923-180812.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Bump . I hit my local hydro stores . three of them.
    They had many led burning on demo. I asked everybody if those lights would hang with hps in flower.
    All the workers laughed and said NO ! They do a great job in veg but in flower it was just not there .
    All 5 major brands here. They said were trash . I stood directly this light . The amount of heat . It was hot !
    I want to compare the heat to a 600 watt hps with a open hood .
    Veg foot print was easily equal to 1000 watts of metal halide The plants under it were solid sexy looking. But always in veg . The worker somebody i talk to weekly said pass on it . I will not be happy. Pro
    Less heat then a 1000 watt hps . Cons less control of the heat no cool tube . Con less yield Con higher price . I will buy one of those 43 dollar lights i posted above and flower a single baby plant . I will get my own answer . Here is one of the lights i was told to pass on .Growers Choice ROI-E680 LED Grow Light LED Grow Light Panels LED Grow Lights Grow Lights

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. #10 Clearsky, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    I don't know about that, with today's technology they have made LEDs like the one's I showed you for growing cannabis, theses buds here we're grown with lights above and they were rock hard dense buds at harvest. You get what you pay for, go cheap and get airybuds spend the money first time out and get the best up to date LEDs just my opinion but my buds show the results. Screenshot_20210925-110327.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Also you can do some research and the LEDs produce more than HPS. Screenshot_20210925-111910.png

11. I commonly get 600 to 700 grams per 600 watt hps lamp. Your internet answer is very incorrect .

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Nice big buds. What lights do you have above ?

13. QB 301-H 660-red v-3 the newest LEDs out right now and the best. The lights above I showed you from ebay where I got mine. Can you show me some of your buds from your HPS light.

14. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are with fluence bioengineering led fixtures and haven’t been disappointed once.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #16 Clearsky, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Here's some autos from my LEDs, forget for sure but it was over 20 o/z in a 20 gallon air pot grown out of my tent. Screenshot_20210925-120914.png

16. Yes , I am 3 months off. Currently i am in the process of converting everything from soil into hydro.
    Your buds look like hps grown buds .

17. Grown from the lights I posted above, and not even at full power.

18. 100% agree. @Clearsky also quoted that LED can produce yields as high as (only)1-1.5 grams per watt.. so misinformed...

19. I guess the only way you will know is buy the lights that I use, here's part of the description on the lights I use. Screenshot_20210925-181637.png

• Funny Funny x 2