LED Light Set Up?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HippieHighTimez, May 16, 2015.

1. What kind of LED light are we talking about here? A quality LED light will definitely outperform cfls.

2. Idk really I'm asking what is a good LED where should I get one and which one is good... I'm looking to spend 150 for a new light

3. #4 DazedAndStoned, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Lots of people have success with the mars hydro series here. PM Sara and shell get ya a good deal compared to their website

I use custom LEDs made from the factory that made blackstar lights and they work well in my micro cab, I spent about 1W shipped but that was years ago, prices have come down dramatically.

If you are handy look into creating your own cob panel, its not very hard and uses mostly PC components. I'm looking into building a 500W panel and it will be right around the same price as current models but depending on the chips you get you could have a more efficient unit

Sorry for editing a ton of times, just trying to give ya some options. PM me if ya need info on the panel build

4. Good info but I want to kno what kind to get and wat is a good wattages for a S.O.G box..

5. Depends how much space you are trying to cover. I run a mars ll 400 in a 1.5x3x5. I would like somthing a little bigger though.

6. #7 DazedAndStoned, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    All depends on your box size, can't really give you recommendations if we know nothing about the space you are working with. If you don't have much vertical height you aren't going to want 5w diodes because you'll burn the piss outta your plants if they are touching the lenses. That's why I went with 1w and 3w diodes.

LEDs draw about 60% of advertised and for best results You want 50w draw per square foot for veg and the closer you can get to 100w per square foot the bigger your plants are gonna be. I personally am at about 110W a foot for my flower cab and looking to add another panel to get close to 150. More light the better on most cases, just be careful with wattage of diodes if vertical space is an issue

7. for $150 no doubt about it, go with an mh/hps. Highest watts you can get.

I like my led, but it was expensive, and yield is less, but anecdotally quality is better.