LED Light Reviews and Referrals

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by rootsguy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Haven't seen a thread around like this, and think it'll end up being helpful. I don't know too much myself but was hoping we can all start contributing to it. Just post any experiences you've had, read others questions, post your own, and lets all get it figured out! Keep it on the topic of LED ONLY! I don't want a comparison thread of LED vs other types of light, seen plenty of those.

My question: does anybody know any good 12x12 panels, preferably with the power cord coming out of the side? Tight on space and am going to mount it directly to the roof of my cabinet. If not, I'm still interested in checking out any that you guys like.

Roots

2. Blackstar LED has been working great for me. i have a 240W every plant i put under in flower develops some very nice colas so far. I just picked up a 900W medicaLED light off ebay but havent fully tested yet, it supposedly one of first models using 6W diodes

3. so far im enjoying my kessil h150's, still in veg though.

4. Anyone know how this would hold up in a 12.5x12.5x12.5 inch micro cabinet? Even though the input is only 13.8watts looks like it could be a solid and cheap micro grow panel. what do you guys think?

5. What size grow space are you using and what model Blackstar 240w?

I have 2 240w's but think they're too small for my space, 4x4. I am curious about their 900W which is substantially bigger for a 16sqft

6. Don't see a link :confused:

7. They suck for budding.You must have never used an HID.I'd use t5 floro before LED's

8. [quote name='"Dijinari"']

What size grow space are you using and what model Blackstar 240w?

I have 2 240w's but think they're too small for my space, 4x4. I am curious about their 900W which is substantially bigger for a 16sqft[/quote]

its a lighthouse hydro model, theres no actual serial # or anything and i have 4x4 and a 8x4... im not growing a field under the light i usually will only have 2 plants under at any given time... i have a cpl other leds i use for seedling and veg only. the 900w light i have encountered a problem with, it turns the upper leaves pale and they eventually die off ive stopped using it as i just made a batch of subcool soil so ill see if it was just pushing plant into a overworking state and needing more nutes or something. im not an experienced grower by far im still experimenting

9. Oops too Stoney! Here it is

Red Blue 225 LED Plant Grow Light Panel Hydroponic Lamp

10. [quote name='"xDisciplex"']

They suck for budding.You must have never used an HID.I'd use t5 floro before LED's[/quote]

ur right i havent used HID lighting, and honestly idgaf wut kind of difference it makes... all i know is my electric bill takes no kinda hit from running leds. and the buds are very pleasing to me and anybody who has tried my shit lol. thats all that matters to me. im not looking for super yielding lights, all thats gonna do is bring trouble my friend. and im mostly never home so i dont have to worry about a fire hazard or anything associated with HID

11. [quote name='"rootsguy"']

Oops too Stoney! Here it is

Red Blue 225 LED Plant Grow Light Panel Hydroponic Lamp[/quote]

alright that panel is junk... 1. its made in china ( fuck that BS) 2. ur lucky if each diode is producing a 1/4 of a watt, min u need 1w diode lights to get any kinda growth out of those lights..... check out UFO led lights if ur looking for small setup... they usually 90w but think they r making em upto 130w now... they are small enuff for ur setup

12. cool thanks for savin me from that! I'll look through some UFO's.. Tryin to find one with the power input of the side though because I won't be hanging it.

13. [quote name='"rootsguy"']cool thanks for savin me from that! I'll look through some UFO's.. Tryin to find one with the power input of the side though because I won't be hanging it.[/quote]

Best place for deals on led lights is ebay.... I've gotten deals on all the lights I've bought from there

14. I had real good luck with a 12" panel that I used for my new clone grower.

I am gonna use one of these next year when I swap out the 600w and see what happens:

LED Grow Lights - 189X-PRO LED Grow Light

I expect very good results.

15. Certainly. I'm new and like many others just doing my research. I am defiantly going LED. Maybe Blackstar or Spectra, but I'm still undecided and doing research.

16. i just had a run using one 240w. one light IMO covers like a pizza box size plot. i only scrog with it though bc i don't think it would penetrate that well. they work well in a stealth situation. HID is tits but when you're in an apt like me, to stay cool, you have to get that hot air outside and that's a gray area.

17. Josh is that the Blackstar? I was thinking maybe 2 240w (Blackstars) for a 3x2 tent with 2-4 plants.