LED Light Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PharCyDeD, Mar 7, 2009.

1. OK so I am curious about LED lights for a small grow setup. I have found good prices on them and high prices on them. So here are my questions:

1. Do they work for the entire grow? (from seed to bud)
    2. Does wattage matter and if so what should I look for?
    3. Is there a particular brand I should look for or website to visit to purchase?

That's all :wave:

2. You can get 50 2.2 LED lights and use them for the primary lighting for your setup, but you would literally have to string them through the entire plant (or around it very very very closely) you would almost need a net of them, but it would work... :hello:

3. The Led lights will work for the entire grow because they have blues and reds, so basically they are the darkest blues for veg on the spectrum and the highest reds for flower. THe only problem is even the really expensive led setups still lack in flowering compared to an HPS. Im not saying they completely suck, but flowering and making the most bud i can is the most important part for me. So i would honestly say if your gonna invest try lookin at say a 600 watt hps or even a 400, and maybe use the led for just veg, or even a t-5 for veg.

Its all up to you. thats just my 2 cents

4. Thanks I will probably just for with HPS or CFL's I suppose :)

5. For sure, im sure cfl's will do fine for your veg, an hps is the best for flower. if ya got extra skrilla i would replace the cfl's with a t-5. but thats all your choice.

6. you have to be careful of using reds and blues at certain times. if you do red too early, you will get to stemmy. do research before you commit to anything. there's white led, blue, red, and other colors as well. i believe that blue is good for flowering. do a google search on LED as related to sunlight replication. :)

7. Can you give me a link to a nice t-5? I have never heard of this ( i'm a newbie :) ). Price is not a huge problem if it is reasonable on results. Thanks for the input :wave:

8. t5 is a high outputt fluorescent bulb.you can find them on ebay or at a hydro store.home depot lowes usually doesnt carry light fixtures with t5 bulbs theirs usually use t8 or t12 bulbs which dont put out as many lumens.on ebay usually around 150 for a 4 bulb four foot fixture,but you can get many differnt size and number of bulb fixtures