Led Light 300W Cfl

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by gingerb, May 23, 2014.

1. Just want advice really, am currently 3 weeks into flower with a 300w LED light,
    I think the output is about 165w. The grow as been going good, but I wanted to
    add in abit of extra light with a CFL light.

I ended up ordering a 300w dual spec CFL and hanger, but really did't realise how big
    the bulb was gonna be. It's about a foot long in length.

My tent is small (60x60x180cm) and I am thinking about putting this giant CFL in the
    along side my LED light. Is there such a thing as too much light in a small space?
    I've been told I would have to keep the CFL at least a foot away from the top of my plant,
    due to the heat from the bulb.

Any help or advice would be greatful.

CFL_giant.jpg

2. Put your hand next to the plant between it and the bulb. If it is too hot on your hand it is too hot for the plant and thus too close. I would get it as close as possible because the range on CFLs is notoriously poor.

3. Hey ginger, how many plants are you growing?  Im thinking of a similar set-up to yours (80x80x180cm) with 1reservoir DWC & was wondering how many you could grow in there for maximum yield?

Did you manage to fit your giant CFL along with the LED?

Peace

4. I have a 300watt cfl and it hardly gives out any heat man, you can hold it in your hand and it's warm, but doesn't burn. I have plants in veg that end up cm's from it and they are fine.

More light will mean more bud, I don't think you can ever have too much light, just to much of an energy bill ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum