LED in grow cabinet

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by The_Dude_Abides, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Hi y'all,
    I'm a semi experienced grower but first time indoors. I've got the 300w LED version of the 32" Stealth Speaker Grow Box:
    Stealth Grow Cabinet Speaker Box With 300 Watt LED Fixture Carbon Filtered | eBay

Growing 1 Girl Scout Cookies and 1 Green Crack and just switch over to flower at 6 week mark.
    [​IMG]

Top of plants are currently 11 inches from LED and I'm concerned that they will grow so tall that they will get light burn.

I do intend to try and tie the tops down to encourage them to bush out rather than grow taller, but was wondering if it would be worth installing a mild shade cloth in between the plants and the light to lessen the intensity.

Has anyone has any experience doing this?

Thanks!
    The Dude

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You can start lower stress training. Try and get em to stay down haha

3. Will see what I can do with training, but the node distance is so small that I think this may be a little difficult... Hence my question if anyone has tried using shade cloth with LEDs.

4. #4 StoppyMark, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Sorry, some difficulty posting here. In answer, yes I used a shade cloth once using these MIGRO lights but it really hampered growth. I reckon if you have good light distribution in your set up it would help. These lights do that for me. Good luck with the growing of course :)

5. Thanks for reply Mark.
    Will just try and train the branches down