LED heat problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mikkos, Mar 4, 2014.

1. So I finally got all my equipment set up with my 3x3 gorilla tent and 800w solar storm LED. I did a test run to see how the temps would be running the light. Mind you I will be running co2 and have no way to ventilate my area. After 3 hours of running, my humidity was 35% and the temps were 100 degrees F. My god was it hot in there.

Obviously there is no way I can run like that. Even with co2 I can't be that hot. With no way to have fresh air moving in and out I was wondering if this would work. 

Make a DIY A/C unit and have the air pumping into my grow tent. Would this work? Here is the link to the A/C unit video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSLbpAwibg

2. you cant get a a/c unit? There is no way that bucket thing WILL NOT work one bid. You wont even dent your temps. you need to vent or a/c

I can try to get an a/c unit. I mean I already spent a good chunk of change on this whole setup, can't really spend a lot on an a/c but ill start looking. It cant be too big either. Any suggestions? 

4. Do you have a window to put the ac in?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Strait up dump the tent and hang the light from the ceiling and put up reflective curtains with air space at the bottom and top for free flow of air.

6. No its in a closet like this...moving out everything else soon so its just the tent. I live in a multi unit apartment building. This tent is a must.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

7. Is it a window close enough so you can buy a portable one? Do you live in a cold climate or hot climate?

No. Nearest window is 20 feet away and theres no way I can have that anyway. It'd have to be something that doesn't require a window. I live in southern california...fuck me...I know.....

9. Yea you said it.. can you vent it to the closest window? Check to see if portable a/c's can be run that far

Even if it could, theres a screen on the window I can't take off. And that wouldn't allow me to close the closet door as well. I'm looking into seeing if there's a unit that doesn't require such thing.

11. I believe all a/c's should be vented out a window.

Shit....shit shit shit

13. Lol.. I can't help you. But you'll need to lower them temps to 85 at least.

15 degrees will be a challenge....I'm going to try that home depot bucket thingy just for shits....cant hurt to try it...

15 degrees will be a challenge....I'm going to try that home depot bucket thingy just for shits....cant hurt to try it...

16. Maybe if I try to make 2 and see how they work

17. I think you need to ventilate mate unless your spending big dollars on full climate control/AC/recirculation.

18. Yea 15 will be.. im telling you that bucket will be a waste of time and money. The person that posted was being a moron by getting peoples hopes up on something that won't work. But do as you want

19. If I leave tent door open its 86...but ill be running co2..I can close the closet door too but thatd mean more co2 to fill up space

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. You'll still need to vent the excess CO2 though won't you? Unless your PPM is spot on, otherwise wont they suffocate?