LED Growlights! Help me choose!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by g64, Aug 17, 2012.

1. #1 g64, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Hey there everyone

I'm thinking of trying out LED grow lights, I'm tired of huge power bills and want to try something different. Also there are the benefits of a cooler grow room and using less space etc.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about lighting, so if someone can tell me whether or not I should go ahead and buy one of these LED Grow Lights NZ - Invest in the future of growing. I would really appreciate it

My grow room is approx 1mx1m and I will be growing a single autoflower ("quick fruit") via DWC

Also general LED advice :D

2. Variety of LEDs out there. If you live in NZ dunno if all the brands are available. Heres a decent review site. I myself used to grow with HPS but migrated from them to all LED now. Not one regret either.

The LED Grow Lights Review

3. I just got burned with my Hydroponics Hut 260. It is performing worse than my 150 watt HPS and is very noisy. The best part is that they will not allow a return after 30 days, which really doesn't let you see the flowering results. They also became hostile when I suggested it was an unfair policy.

I would discourage buying from Hydroponics Hut, as well as ensuring whatever vendor you use has a 90+ day trial period.

4. Alot of the bigger names now give a 90 day warranty.

5. Not to fond of advanced. Personally use 2 of California Lightworks LEDs..superior LEDs imo