led grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mali, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Topped a few hours ago, here's some photos. Any suggestions ?

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. So this plant is actually old. I started in back in July, I had some heat issues in the box so it basically die in august. I finally replanted and got into a suitable environment around august 28th it only had one set of leaves because the others had die off. IMG_1260.JPG ever since I planted in there the plant has been prospering. So I'm happy with the size of my plant based on its life so far. I take it as it's about 3 weeks old since it only has 1 set of leaves in the pic above.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I mainlined my plants, but it was specifically because I had very little room to work with and only CFL's for veg. I don't think i would do it again, as I think it slowed down growth too much, would just scrog next time.

Main thing I learned is that cutting too soon slows them down a LOT. Def wait until 6 nodes then cut in half, and same for later cuts to go to 4 and 8 tops. I think just a top or fim and training will do the same thing, as long as you are using some kind of training to get the tops even on height, the job of mainlining is done by that without slowing things down. It did work really well and all the colas are nice and super even, but it was slow for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  4. You topped her perfectly I see 5he two new tops coming soon

• Like Like x 2
  5. Okay thanks. I can't wait for the new ones to come in

• Like Like x 1
  6. Today's update,
    Just a few days after being topped for the first time

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I saw that your temp reached 88 in a previous photo. That's high. Also how much/how often are you watering? The plant isn't old enough to need nutes if your in soil. Are you ph testing your water?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yeah the temps don't reach that high anymore. I water every time the soil is dry and the pot it light, normally every 3 or 4 days. I try to keep the ph around 6.5. I've no nutrients at all so far just water

9. It's highish it's not that high though...

They're growing well on just water mate

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. So what's next guys? Should I do some type of lst or mainlining or some type of training at all. I just topped a few days ago. The two new leaves are coming in now. I topped at I think the 4th node. Should I just let me plant grow for now or do I need to do some type of pruning? How long until I should switch it to 12/12

11. Let her recover for a week allow the new shoots to get few nodes then top each repeat then you flip em

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for the reply, so I topped Wednesday. Should I be looking to doin it again this Wednesday? Or just wait till the new nodes come in fully? Noob question I know lol

13. Relax roll one let those nodes come in good no worries lol I'm still a noob to me I asked the same questions

14. In my experience always absolute minimum of top and Lst. Honestly it's so important imo.
    Most people don't realise the potential difference between no lst and lst. It's night and day lst plants are roughly 60% bigger then non trained plants.
    I've done a side by side then taken one of those untrained plants and trained it 2 weeks later it caught up with the larger plants while the rest didn't move.
    People also remove a LOT of leaves when defoliating if you tie properly you don't need to remove any leaves and will get at least 30% more sites.
    As toni says man smoke a doob let it sit and recover. a week is long enough for it heal I top and train daily all the way thru veg and flower... I never stop. I also don't take much foliage away only older dying leaves or leaves with no light.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Can you give me some pointers on lst, I've been trying to do research but some of the info didn't make sense

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Today's update any opinions ?

Attached Files:

17. Looking good! Keep doin what your doin. You could start some lst if you want

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hey guys, mega noob here also, can y'all fill me in on "topping" "lst" and "training"?

¡Muchos gracias!

• Like Like x 1