LED grow lights?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by HERBwarrior, Apr 29, 2010.

1. #1 HERBwarrior, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
    EDIT- HOW WELL DO THE 90W UFO GROW LIGHT WORK?anyone use one currently? read that its equal to the same strenght as a 400w hid system. true?

Do they work juss as well as HPS or cfl lights?

and how many plants would a 225 light led grow grow?

thanks!

2. as well or better than HID and better than fluoro's, by far. I like to run an HPS light along with my LED to promote better growth. 225 led's? well it depends how its setup, is it a ufo model or a bar? check these lights out: LED Grow Lights Featuring The LGM5 Pro-5 LED Grow Light

3. those r a lil outta my price range right now.

I was talking about a bar not a ufo but from what I have heard leds dont produce as dense of buds?

im trying to get like a 4x4 grow tent with a 400w hps light for around 200$
    it would b do able but i might have to throw a lil extra to get a tent that size so that when i wanted to know about leds becuss they seem cheaper than hps

4. dont buy the 225 led panels they are garbage. you gotta get atleast a 90 watt quadband ufo or 120 watt quadband panel.:smoking:

5. You can get pretty much the same results with LED's has CFL's, it kinda sucks to do an LED grow and then see some growers getting similar or better results with CFL's only.
    Regards,
    S.S.

6. Unless you have $4000 to invest and are doing a study on the effects of LED lights at particular wavelengths on cannabis plants......do NOT buy LED lights

7. okay then i guess no leds. gonna stick to hps and that grow tent in the link above:smoking:

8. Hey man, My best advice is do not buy your grow tent from Ebay. They all have major light leaks. It is really worth the extra few dollars and invest in a Secret Jardin tent. I received mine and I can not tell you how awesome it is. Top not craftmanship. No light leaks at all. The grow tent is one area you should not go cheap with. Good Luck with your grow.

9. #10 HERBwarrior, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
    ^^^ ya ur probably right but it doesnt seem that cheap. its mylar which i know is pretty good. it says its 97% light proof
    but idk

and do MH lights work juss as well as HPS lights? looking at a 400w system and its a 10$ diff between MH and HPS

10. The largest light leaks my Ebay tent has are a few pin holes in the fabric. Holes that tiny affect absolutely nothing and the tent is perfect otherwise.

11. owkia thats wat i like to hear. i feel like if ppl r making this 2nd hand grow "tents" outta panda film, then professionally desgined tent manufactured by some company should suffice. its mylar so i know its good stuff.

12. neat, 6w LEDs

i just bought a panel from Hydro Grow LED a 120w

I chose to go with LED becasue i ahve a 2x2 stealth cabinet and the CFLs i've been using get it way too hot...oftentimes i have to leave the doors open on it to keep the temps below 86. I feel like LED is going to provide me with a significant light source in my small area, supplemented by a few of 2700K cfls and give me decent flower power.

I plan on taking 3 clones and flowering them alongside the mother all at once...if i get over 2 ounces from my tiny op I will be happy. light should be arriving soon

13. those r running a lil high. going for the ufo:smoke:

14. Really quickly to answer the original posts question,
    HT mag did a study on LEDs vs. HPS last year and found that a dual band 90Watt UFO(1st Generation only blue and red) yielded a little more taking only a week longer to finish than its 400 Watt HPS counterpart.
    Personally i use a Quad band 120W LED with outstanding results. The new Generation of quad 90Watt LEDs are good as well. The 225 panels are ok for supplementing light in very small applications for example: a few very small auto-flowering plants, or one mid-large size plant.

15. People who bad mouth led lights are idiots. you yield the same if not better then with hid and they don't run as hot.

16. Dude, what are you interpeting as "bad mouthing", can you contribute some links to a non-biast grow that shows the comparison here on G.C.?
    S.S.

17. not on gc but on other forums yes