Led grow light legit??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sypha, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Week 4 under 1000w king leds off amazon

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iv done a half havest and will let the bottom mature up for about 2 weeks
    Results

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. #24 Hybridway, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    If anyone was looking for an Amazon type light then I can say this one has had me Almost pull the trigger a few times. Mainly because of the spectrum. Somewhat of an exhilarating HPS spectrum. I rock mostly premium fixtures but like to play around n buy a cheappie once in awhile for supplemental or spectral testing. You can tell its from Amazon or one of them cuz the comparison chart says falsified info. About the hps on line #2. Screenshot_20210419-075607_Gallery.jpg It has all the makings of an awesome spectrum that will produce better bag appeal & yeilds then the Fluence/Gavita/HLG, HE-spectrum. I can see higher terps n quality which usually goes hand n hand with bag appeal.
    Probably cheap chips, might be made like shit, idk. But sure as Heck wanna test it's effectiveness at the same ppfd as an equivalent sized fixture running the Basic HE-Spectrum.
    One thing I think many buyers are unknwoledgable about are chips. There are tons of chips out there as good or better then the Samsung 301h. That's why Alibaba offers you chip selections. Just because one is less money does not mean it's any worse. Just less money & more easily accessible. If they tell you umol/j went down because of the cheaper chip it could be they are not adding the proper amount, or it may be a lower bin. But to say Sanon is any less efficient the 301h is wrong. It's just gotta be comparable binning.
    Heads need to do their Homework.

4. Idk man im getting pretty similar results from HPS and CMH. As long as they are kept healthy, they both produce amazing crops.

Can you tell which is which?
    P3020307.JPG P3020259.JPG IMG_8160.JPG P4040036.JPG

That comparison is a joke. The box for "less blue and green light" has an X which would mean it has more blue and green light but that box is checked for the led. And yeah, HPS puts out all the IR light, thats the main thing HPS has going for it over all the other options out there these days.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nice work BTW!!!
    . Totally agreed! LEDS W/O any IR or N/IR, I Stay clear from or add it.. and you can't usually trust what you read for specs or information on these type of distribution sites.
    I found the cmh & hps to be very similar as well. Too similar. Was expecting something a Lil different. That's buds but 315's yeild more per watt.
    The only way I'd have a shot in hell at guessing those pics would be if they were all the same cut. Also, if you switched to MH or 41k, CMH At the end. That would make it almost impossible to tell.
    Put either next to properly enhanced white spectrum, then you can tell the difference.. especially if there was No MH Or 41k , cmh at the end. Still tough as they all grow good weed.
    . But handling good led bud is when all your senses are working to determine what you'd Rather have. Density, terps, frost feel, ect...
    10 out of 10 that I tested & many more broken into smaller subdivisions can't be wrong.
    I'm not suggesting that that Amazon light is good (although I think it is for Amazon) just that it has a nice spd. One that I have had awesome results with is similar.
    What i was Not impressed with was Hortrilux's 600w, CHPS. It was beaten hard by 330w of old Nichia 757's & about 40% more Oslon 660ssl then the standard (x3 bars) Not even any 720 but allot of 660. That CHPS is basically a heat lamp that could almost pass for a MH by eye..

6. First two were HPS second two were CMH. All were from seed. Dried out they look equally good on average.

• Like Like x 1

7. Beautiful man, I don't know who that guy is but I see he was loved around here, his page has been inactive for a while. I hope tha Al guy is doing OK, but if the worst has happened. R. I. P

A beautiful gesture ❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. I guessed correctly. That was fun.

9. #30 Hybridway, Apr 26, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    They all looked nice to me. You pheno hunt?
    Do you have a preference for seeds. Only ones I have experience with that I actually purchased are GPS. Got some mixed breeders from a guy & bought a few off another guy but GPS is the only one I actually selected & Bought from a seed company. Bout to try some local friends work tho. Fun for sure. I'm just not set-up for pheno hunting but get brave n do it anyways in small x6 plant intervals. Just to risky in the main room.

10. no i dont pheno hunt. Feminized seed grower only. I dont grow enough to keep mothers around and i dont trust clones. Ive got seeds from tons of different breeders.

11. You don't trust your own clones? I bet you come come across some sweet keepers. I Never had a mother plant either due to plant count. For me it's just the opposite, I don't trust feminized seeds. Still grow em sometimes though & cross my fingers. Only takes one herm at wk 4 to ruin your whole crop to seeds.
    Hey, but the upside is you'll have a shit Ton of feminized seeds that only a small % carry the hermi gene. I found 2 out of 10 when I tried to run seeds from a hermed grow a year earlier. That's how GG#4 Came to be.

12. No, i dont trust clones from other growers. Due to plant count, keeping mothers would basically be impossible for me too. Ive only come across one true "keeper" and boy did i break the bank buying more packs of those seeds and sibling crosses. I stick to feminized lines that have been "worked" so to speak. LIT farms project 4516, Archive's Moonbow 75, and Katsu's Bubba lines are my main genetic stockpiles that I have to work with. The reversed females that "father" those lines seem to produce some incredibly stable offspring. No herms yet. Its the bigass seed banks like Canuk or ILGM who carry over a hundred feminized strains that I do not trust at all.

• Like Like x 1

13. If I were in your shoes I check Migrow on YT he does smallish led lamps...very fussy too

14. This is a good LED

15. I saw an UpDayDay on the post thats not there anymore. That's the Amazon light I recommend. If a pro light with tuned x3 channel, I'd go with Amare Tech.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. You missed it by a few.... Years

17. More info would help, type of space, if only a few plants, lots of good options. Hps is very good light and a 175w mogul base w/ballast is cheap at hardware stores in outdoor lighting. You can use mh bulb for veg, blue spectrum, and hps, orange yellow for flowering. You can't argue with high times center fold buds since the 70s, proof was in the pudding. Way before diodes.

As for quantum boards, hlg trademarked a name, china owns the patent on those boards, Google it, cn203496505u, China makes both drivers, inventronics and Meanwells. There are good lights from alot of companies.
    There are some great warranty on lights, and you tube gurus that have test results. As mentioned or should have been, your light should be your biggest investment. Was old school for years, now learning leds.

18. I love Mars Hydro LED, it was a present for my birthday :hello: