LED grow light and equipment

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tizko, May 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I have decided that I want to grow a plant for my own personal use but I don’t know what equipment or LED light to get. I would like to get a half decent LED light, but I don’t know how much one will cost or what watt to buy that will work for a single plant. I google them and I am seeing ones for like 9 dollars but a friend told me that cheap ones like that will be a waste of money. Can anyone help? Also will these LED lights be expensive to run? Many thanks

2. You will be spending way more than $9 for a light. Think at least $150+ for something that will work, but more than that would be even better. What is your budget for the light? You can also check out this section of the forums for more lighting help Lighting

As for cost to run, it doesn't matter what kind of light it is. You take the power it draws in kWh, multiply it by the hours ran per day, and multiply that by the cost you pay for electricity in kWh. So if you had a 300 watt light, were in veg lighting (18/6), and pay $0.15/kWh it would go like this. 0.3 x 18 x $0.15 = $0.81/day or $24.30 per month.

Keep in mind that different lighting may mean that you spend less on heating/cooling or other factors. Also you need to calculate costs like running fans, nutrients, etc.

3. I am finishing of pineapple kush auto under cheap ebay 1000w 100w draw cost me $70
    I am harvesting in a couple of days

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. That looks awesome regardless of your light, nice plant! I suppose my assumption of $150 or more was a bit off and I'm glad to be corrected :smoke: I should have first asked what Tizko hoped to achieve with one plant.

5. This is just my perso but im happy with results considering i only used blod and bone and water
    Im germinateing a white L.S.D auto and a caramelicus fem

• Like Like x 1
  6. Made my move to growing with Rapid LED 3500K 75W LEDs. About $140 each after coupon code from LED Grow Light Depot. Not sure what the community here thinks of them, but so far so good. For a single plant grow, not using a tent or dedicated grow space, one of these lights could work for you.

upload_2020-6-6_8-4-46.jpeg

7. Yeah I would be happy with that too! Any grow is a good grow when you get to do it yourself :) It looks like you have a good growing thumb. Looks lovely.

Those look like they'll do well without know anything about those. Have you thought about moving them a little closer to the plants? It looks like you could reduce their stretch a little if you do.

8. Actually just moved them up. Wasn’t sure if it was light burn or nutes, but the tips of the top cola (is that the right word?) looked bad to me. But that is my first plant, so not really sure.

upload_2020-6-6_14-22-44.jpeg

9. That looks more like nute burn to me. Light burn will look more like bleaching in my experience, so a lot more white. Google "light bleached weed" and you'll see some good examples for comparison.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I forgot to add that you asked what the top cola was called. Usually it is referred to as a main cola, but I knew what you were talking about :)

• Like Like x 1