LED full spectrum 2nd series

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by justenoughswag, Feb 19, 2017.

Tags:

1. im thinking of getting this 300w roleadro led 2nd series grow light what yall think? 65$ and free shipping?

2. It may work good. The price is unbelievable and it's probably comparable to a mars 300. They claim "full spectrum". They advertise 420-780nm. They also claim to include UV and IR, UV being important to the plant developing optimal potency.

What is UV light? Ultraviolet - Wikipedia
    "Ultraviolet (UV) is an electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength from 10 nm (30 PHz) to 400 nm (750 THz), shorter than that of visible light but longer than X-rays. UV radiation constitutes about 10% of the total light output of the Sun, and is thus present in sunlight."

So, UV light starts at 400nm and below with the best parts like UVB and UVC starting at 315 for B and 280 for C. The LED's you're looking at have none of those important wavelengths which make up to 10% of sunlight depending on latitude and altitude.

It is super cheap, not trying to fully discourage you I would almost be more tempted by their knock off brand cobs. Although they are just as bad with the exaggerations as it has two cobs but they call it a 400 watt light. It's probably 100 actual watts. You can only drive two of those cobs up to maybe 150 watts. No way they are really 400.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Check out the vipraspectra 300w reflector.(140ish actual watts from wall) Full spectrum. $80ish. I'm getting nice results. Has 5w diods instead of the 3w

4. I just bought that light and started using it yesterday, seemed to have the best reviews of LEDs in the under $100 range. Excited to see how it goes...may supplement a bit with CFLs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. What are you growing?

6. Just 1 Northern Lights, it's my first grow and I started with CFLs but then realized it was more economical (and less of a fire hazard) to just buy an LED.

7. In regards to the viparspectra, they seem to lack in the red spectrum. Based on what i've seen they're excellent for veg, but lack in flower. Might want to consider some supplemental lighting (Maybe add some 2700k CFL's) or get a different light for flower all together.

8. I
    Yeah I doubt you will need to supplement any cfls bud. That shit is pumping out so many lumens it's up at the top of my 4ft tent

9. In regards to the Roleadro .. If you scroll down and look at the customer reviews, the 2nd review down posted a picture of the light spectrum that light apparently puts out. It looks heavier in the red, and lighter in the blue. If it's an accurate depiction of the spectrum, I would imagine it would be better suited for flower than veg, but i'm sure it would probably do fine for both assuming again the spectrum is correct. I'm not sure why there is so much green in their spectrum. That's wasted light based on what i've read. Plants do not absorb green light.

10. I have the viparspectra 600 watt. I've never used it to flower seeing I was very skeptical it could do the work of my 400watt hps. So I just use it for veg and that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum