LED fakes - How to tell?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by delboythc, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Any company that does not provide charts and statistics about the actual wattage and output, along with false ratings in the title.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I keep having to explain this. Chlorophyill is what plants use to convert light to sugar (photosynthesis). These molecules (very large complex ones) are green. If a molecule reflects green light that is because it is the only light that that molecule isn't absorbing because it cant't. Again that is why its green. Therefore it can't use that light and your just using it to warm your temp cause it ain't growing nothing.
    There's a reason they took the green spectrum out for the purple lights.

I've been doing reaserch for years bud, I'm a chemist

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Here's a video for you guys to help understand.

There's a reason allot of guys will buy green headlamps or light fro looking around their garden at night. That way there is no photosynthesis and the girls aren't thrown out of flower.

Look when she tests the pigment of the chloroplasts, All green with a little bit of yellow

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. This must be wrong then
    What Effect Does Green Light have on Plants? | Ursa Lighting

Keep growing with your blurple lights bro
    I have had viparspectras and platinum LEDs they do not compare imo.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. y

You just sent link to people who sell that shit so red flag one. Most by far of the energy your plants and every other plant gets is from chlorophyll. which doesn't take green light.
    The few examples she gives of usefullness are for mustard and fava beens and even then its incredibly limited.
    The reason its penetrating further is because it is not being use by the plant. The light that is is likely just being turned to heat like I said earlier.

And the kicker ". Although no cannabis-specific experiments have been performed, increased green light may encourage flowering. Once flowering has begun, it’s important to provide plants with a “full spectrum” light that has high amounts of blue and red light, and moderate amounts of green light, in order for photosynthesis to be optimized."

I says there's been no tests she's bringing her evidence from and that even then she says red and blue are more important.

Enjoy the qb fanboy hype bruh

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. #26 CanadianChronic420, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. lol you’re a waste of time.
    Like I said enjoy your “full spectrum” blurples.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. #28 CanadianChronic420, Mar 26, 2019
    I'm a waste of time or you are wrong and have no evidence? ok
    Enjoy telling people bad non scientific information

Even the guy making your lights says the same as me

And again purple is red and blue "blurple" is nonsense. And my whole point Is You dont need full spectrum

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. What Effect Does Green Light have on Plants? | Ursa Lighting

"Green light plays a role in photosynthesis and vegetative growth because it falls within the range of photosynthetically active radiation. However, its effect on plant growth and development is not as well understood as red or blue light. Plants reflect green light, and this is why they appear green to our eyes. This may lead us to think that green light is not used by plants, but it’s simply not true! Only around 5-10% of green light is reflected from a plant and the rest (90-95%) is absorbed or transmitted to lower leaves1."

BL

• Like Like x 1
  10. What’s that 1 mean?
    Graduate Program in Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611 USA.

What the fuck do they know?

• Disagree Disagree x 1

11. I already responded to that article. Read the responses ones I sent bud.
    That light that is getting absorbed is as heat.
    Green is not useful for photosynthesis look at the video i sent or just know that chlorophyll is green.
    Its penetrating deeper because it is not being used to photosynthesize. You can say this because you would more expect more penetration at the higher wavelengths.

"Although no cannabis-specific experiments have been performed, increased green light may encourage flowering. Once flowering has begun, it’s important to provide plants with a “full spectrum” light that has high amounts of blue and red light, and moderate amounts of green light, in order for photosynthesis to be optimized"

also from the article even admits green is less useful (cause it isn't)

• Disagree Disagree x 1

12. They're selling things to people who don't know they're stuff like you.

Sounds like they know how to misrepresent science like most of the internet when it suits them and their bottom line.

Remember even the light you said is good is based off the principle you're arguing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. But you’ll agree with platinum led lmfao

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. #34 CanadianChronic420, Mar 26, 2019
    They also dont use much of the green spectrum look at the post i sent from their website

They say what I'm saying

They focus on blue and red look. I wonder why?

Guy can't take the truth

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. “Chlorophyll? More like borophyll!”

Green light: Is it important for plant growth?
    2-6SalviaHEIDI.jpg

Agree to disagree.

Yes chloropyll wants reds and blues. At the minimum 20% of green is also absorbed according to the graph in the video(6:40).

BL

• Like Like x 1
  16. #36 CanadianChronic420, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Hyper red light? lol
    Chlorophyll is green. Doesn't absorb green cause its green. Nothing else to add

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Damn! I hate blurple!

Nothing else to add.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Is a pretty dumb word since purple already is blue and red

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I may have retired more blurple than you own. Of course “blurple” is only used in growers' forums as the term describing that incredibly ugly color produced by Blue/Red LED grow lights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1