led experts needed!!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Bweezy101, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Have you ever used the cob cxb3590? And on the philzon led it doesn't matter if one led has more ir and uv diodes ?

2. If you have any cash I wouldn't spend on Philzon. I'm actually going to use a cxb3590 next week but haven't before but I'd do the Cree COB. You'll get a better product for your $

3. I'm actually looking into buying a couple of the cobs cxb3590 ..just thinking of how I wanna run the preputial grow setup I'm using soil and have a 2x4 tent and can get either a 2x2 or 3x3 and don't really know which one should be my veg or flower,, with taxes coming in I'm looking to spend around 400 to 6 or 7! I've checked out optic led .com and found a 2x4 setup but it only comes 3500k and not sure I should buy a 5000k single for the smaller tent and veg or what its all damn confusing..not as much confusing as frustrating lol..

4. Then I could just get a 5000k cob cxb3590 for the small veg but I dont really know which tent to veg and which tent to flower

5. Use the smaller to veg in since plants will get larger in flower :confused_2:

Looking at those prices since it isn't kind of a finished light anyways HLG might be a better value on $/w. Out of those two options I'd probably go chilled logic. I'm testing a Raymatix prototype which I like and I think they're coming out with a better kit solution at a better price but don't know if it will be out by then but you can try hitting them up on their site.

If you have the ability to make your own cob light that might be the cheapest. You don't have to use 5000K for veg. Fluence uses 3500K for their veg lights. They argue enough blue in the spectrum for veg and then spectrum is closer to what you'll flower in. I think 5000K is only necessary if you're trying to get the denses shortest plant if you have low overhead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks alot man

• Like Like x 1
  7. Out of those I'd take the chilled logic for the extra red diodes.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

8. I was dead set on that one or the timber grow light and it honestly came down to warranty ...the logic doesnt have no warranty information on there website and I called there only 18 month warranties and the timber grow light has 3 yr warranty !

9. I'm looking between the timber 3vl or the 4vl don't want too much light but don't wanna spend all this money just to not have a good grow

10. I'm looking at two light setups for my 2x4 and here are the two

Timber lights 3vl
    Or
    Rapid led chilled logic 2x4

What's everyone take on these two?

11. The timber looks like a good light. It might not be the best option tho. Have you looked into the QB lights? Similar in design to the rapidled with extra red, QB96 v2 seems to be top dog right now.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

12. QB 288's is what I switched to. I'm in a 5x5 tent with 3 plants and they love the lights so far.
    I'm about 15 days after the switch

13. Oh I ordered a 480 watt setup on the QB's

14. I like the qbs but I think I might get the timber 3vl for my 2x4 tent maybe move to qbs one day ...maybe buy both and just test run them
    You ever use timber lights?

15. Timbers look alright.

Optics look overpriced.

Chilled look good. I like the red too. Higher priced for a kit style kit. QB could be a good option too.