LED computer grow box with pics!!!!!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by boricuapuffer, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Looks like your plants are fighting for root space and the middle one is winning. I think you may have trouble growing any more then 1 plant in there.

2. So what's going on with your grow man, can we see some updates? I'm really curious.

3. HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S.O.S.

ALRIGHT HERE'S THE STORY! i had to go away on a emergency and since the number 1 rule of growing is, "don't tell no one", i didn't have anyone to take care of EVA for me. so before i left i filled up the reservoir, gave her nutes a la Lucas formula, set all the timings and when i got back, EVA roots were slurping up the lil bit of water at the bottom of the reservoir and her leaves were dry and brittle with yellow spots on them, i had seen some mold growth from one of the lil one's and threw that one out, some of the other steps i have taken are is clean out the reservoir completely and filled it back up with ph adjusted distilled water, and added nutes back. included are pics of the damage, please tell me what i can do and if EVA is going to recover from this. thanks GC

Attached Files:

4. If it used up all the water then the PH was way off, did you check the pH of what was left before making the adjustment?

You have done the right thing, just wait now and see if you have caught it in time.

Fingers crossed.

5. damn b, sorry to hear about that.
    i hope eva pulls through. Sucks that
    ya update had to be one with a problem.. -york

6. nice set up i have a couple of those lights too but i didnt get the light i needed out of them for some reason these are the lights [​IMG][​IMG]

and i tryed to start a airoponics system in my loset with them and the plants where real long and skinny so i bought a 200 watt cheep 24 inch florecent glow light and took the led pannel out and went to town on it so to speak i purchase red led emitters from theledlight,com part number led523dgred and blue emitters led5 15-20 dg bu

and just by replacing the emitters i got twice the lumins out of it and could easaly do some work on the power supply to get more but the emitters alone made a massive differance now it took me a day and a half to chenge out all the emitters since im a machineist not an electrition lol and when i was done all my new sprouts were so long and lanky they were laying down even though the floresent was right on top of them

but this is over night after simply adding the led's in on the side like this

[​IMG]

and now look over night [​IMG]

all but one standing right up and looking real healthy i expect full recovery

now this has got me thinking about building a room with total led walls a freind of mine is an electrical engineer and he said we could make a simple program to totally control the lights through the whole cycle even control the color percentage

throught the whole cycle even go as far as when lights off comes around they dim out instead of just shutting off hard

what do you guys think about this
    ???

7. Get the Glowpanel45. That Light is unreal. Its the same company. When I first got my 45 I couldnt believe how bright it was. Hows the grow going? Ill have my pics up soon...:) leds babay!!!

8. Quote from igrowwithleds.com
    "The GrowPanel Proâ„¢
    The world's most powerful LED grow light!
    All I can say is......this light is Unreal!!!"

Are you perhaps from that company igrowwithleds, igrowwithleds?

Nah, probably not... what are the odds?

:eek:

9. Ive been asked about this before. I wish it was my site!! haha!! No worries. Besides...look at any of my posts.....ive never tried to sell anything.

I should change my name........lol

10. How is your grow coming along?? What happened to eva?

I think this is definitely one of the more interesting grows, considering LEDs are relatively new technology
    (as far as its use as a grow light)

Update us, man

11. Can't believe I have missed this thread. Hopefully he is still around.

12. good luck.

13. well the lights i had did not do to well but i have not given up on the leds need to build my own light to get what i want

but here are the same plants as above after 1 week of 400w hps lol im having trouble the leaves are a funny color dark veins and some spots and some other things maybe you can see it in the pic

[​IMG]

i dont know can you see the one curling up to the outside what does this mean and how do i fix it

14. V_Buzz, looks like a minor temp issue to me, maybe the light is too close? That start after you put the HPS in?

15. well ya kindof but ive been checking the temp over the plant the light is air cooled i can touch the glass with out getting burned the temp at the base of the plants is only 76 degrees and the ph is steady at 6.1 can you see the yellow spots and the dark green veins ???

i thought maybe it was missing some trace elemants so i went and bought some mirical grow and added a little bit to the nutriant supply yesterday

im hoping that will fix it this is the first time ive ever done this before so im totally unsure of everythig lol

16. V_Buzz, I only meant the upcurl you got on the leaves. Im not sure about the spots, but the leaves taco-ing like that I have seen before, I had the light too close.

17. well the light is almost 18 inches away from the plants i didnt thing that was too close is it ?

18. Did you sanitize that grow medium before using those hydrotone orange balls and sanitize the balls themselves? Plants look fine.

19. well no i used them right out of the bag im a newbe at this i didnt know :(

20. Oh OK Well if they are brand new thats fine.